love

Author Topic: The last album you bought, pirated, streamed online....  (Read 278644 times)

Thor

• Godfather
    • KTQ
Re: The last album you bought, pirated, streamed online....
« Reply #1280 on: June 16, 2009, 11:46:35 AM »

Just be sure to listen to "Desolation Row" extensively because it is the best song ever recorded.

It'll be hard to beat Roads by Portished or JC by Sonic Youth.

Heyyyyyy... where's the Music Dictator Club review then?

Somewhere. New goal for today!

It's good to set goals for yourself.

Achieving them is even better.
Wanting for Thor what Thor wants for Thor.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #1281 on: June 16, 2009, 12:50:52 PM »
Anyone got the Neil Young Archives 1 yet?  I've been debating whether or not to buy it, probably in the DVD form, but not sure that I can really justify spending that much money (looks like DeepDiscount has it for under $200, cheapest I've seen so far).

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #1282 on: June 16, 2009, 04:46:39 PM »

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #1283 on: June 16, 2009, 05:18:07 PM »
Anyone got the Neil Young Archives 1 yet?  I've been debating whether or not to buy it, probably in the DVD form, but not sure that I can really justify spending that much money (looks like DeepDiscount has it for under $200, cheapest I've seen so far).

A friend of mine has it (the CD version) so I've heard a good chunk of it. I was actually disappointed with how few "new" songs it includes, most of  the unreleased stuff is different versions and live versions of songs we already know.  I also thought including Massey Hall and Filmore East is deceiving; it makes this release seem bigger than it is 'cause those have already officially come out. With all that said, it is a great set and the artwork and booklets are really cool too. If you're broke I'd wait to see if the price comes down, but if you have the money go for it, I'm sure you wont be disappointed.

For me the highlight of Archives 1 is the high school stuff, which is fun because I'm from Winnipeg, but it's really Volume 2 that I'd be most likely to spend the money on. If it ever comes out.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Mandrake

• Elite Member
  • Do you pick your toes in Poughkeepsie?
    • Nat's Media Rap
« Reply #1284 on: June 16, 2009, 06:05:13 PM »

Just be sure to listen to "Desolation Row" extensively because it is the best song ever recorded.

It'll be hard to beat Roads by Portished or JC by Sonic Youth.

Heyyyyyy... where's the Music Dictator Club review then?

Somewhere. New goal for today!

This is one great CINECAST!ing idea!

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #1285 on: June 16, 2009, 08:43:19 PM »
but it's really Volume 2 that I'd be most likely to spend the money on. If it ever comes out.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #1286 on: June 17, 2009, 01:25:39 PM »
but it's really Volume 2 that I'd be most likely to spend the money on. If it ever comes out.

I'd spend an obscene amount of money to hear the On the Beach and Rust outtakes, alternate versions, and unreleased songs.   
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #1287 on: June 17, 2009, 01:27:37 PM »

I'd spend an obscene amount of money to hear the On the Beach and Rust outtakes, alternate versions, and unreleased songs.   

I'm like that with Johnny Cash, my goal is to one day own every record he ever came out with and manage to have every song of his on my iPod. I've tracked down a lot of it, but finding the rest will be rather costly, but Cash and Queens Of The Stone Age are the only two artists I am willing to spend oodles of money on.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #1288 on: June 17, 2009, 02:13:21 PM »

Me too.  On the Beach is my favorite Neil album.

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #1289 on: June 17, 2009, 02:26:06 PM »

Me too.  On the Beach is my favorite Neil album.
Serendipity. I was just looking at Richard Misrach's "On the Beach" this morning. I was thinking if I could find a book, Jerry might like it as a birthday gift.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 02:28:56 PM by alexarch »

love