love

Author Topic: The last album you bought, pirated, streamed online....  (Read 278619 times)

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
Re: The last album you bought, pirated, streamed online....
« Reply #1430 on: September 21, 2009, 10:21:06 AM »
It's not, but it's close. "Cactus" is the best song on that record.

I'm not suprised you would say this, it does seem like a song for you. and while that song is good, the genius of Bone Machine, Gigantic, and Where is my Mind easily tops it.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #1431 on: September 21, 2009, 10:22:19 AM »
I'm not suprised you would say this, it does seem like a song for you. and while that song is good, the genius of Bone Machine, Gigantic, and Where is my Mind easily tops it.

I have been thinking about using Where Is My Mind for my entrance music at my next fight, if I ever have one.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1432 on: September 21, 2009, 10:23:24 AM »
It's not, but it's close. "Cactus" is the best song on that record.

1. Cactus
2. Where Is My Mind?
3. Bone Machine
4. Gigantic

Those are my favorite tracks on that CD.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1433 on: September 21, 2009, 10:28:07 AM »
This is an easy argument to solve because the Pixies made only awesome songs, Although Doolittle is their masterpiece.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #1434 on: September 21, 2009, 10:34:51 AM »
This is an easy argument to solve because the Pixies made only awesome songs, Although Doolittle is their masterpiece.

I almost bought tickets to see them play Doolittle on their current tour but then decided against it.  I caught them on the last go-round and they played everything I wanted to hear.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1435 on: September 21, 2009, 10:40:04 AM »

See I disagree. It's hard to compare the two. I love Surfer Rosa's edge, but love Doolittle's surrealism. It's so hard to pick.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1436 on: September 21, 2009, 10:53:06 AM »

See I disagree. It's hard to compare the two. I love Surfer Rosa's edge, but love Doolittle's surrealism. It's so hard to pick.

Only one of these records has "Mr. Grieves."

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1437 on: September 21, 2009, 10:58:07 AM »

Only one of these records has "Mr. Grieves."

And only one has Tame and Monkey Gone to Heaven. However, only one has Bone Machine and Gigantic. Like I said, hard to pick.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #1438 on: September 21, 2009, 11:40:17 AM »
I almost bought tickets to see them play Doolittle on their current tour but then decided against it.  I caught them on the last go-round and they played everything I wanted to hear.
Yeah I saw them on the first reunion tour, and I'm not sure if I'd bother if I had another chance. It felt like closure.

This is an easy argument to solve because the Pixies made only awesome songs
Trompe le Monde isn't all gold.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1439 on: September 21, 2009, 11:48:33 AM »

love