love

Author Topic: The last album you bought, pirated, streamed online....  (Read 278671 times)

winrit

• Elite Member
  • “Positively the same dame.”
Re: The last album you bought, pirated, streamed online....
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 11:44:45 PM »
The last album I bought was Eleni Mandell's Miracle of Five.
"Kickboxing. Sport of the future."

Rene A. Moncivais

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 08:30:07 AM »
ok, I need your help, people!  I am allowing myself to buy one more album from iTunes and I'm soliciting your suggestions.  PLEASE, no classical or depressing music (not that I have a problem with classical and/or depressing music, I'm just not in the mood for it now).

Thanks all!

Battles - Mirrored.  If you like Rock, indie rock, math rock or hip hop/rap you should buy this.  It's the best album I have heard so far this year.  If you want something really different from the norm pick up some Battles.
"What about Oliver Stone?"

"Ummm, send him meat."

VmSoze

• Elite Member
  • I am The Christmas Spirit! :)
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 08:49:26 AM »
I think I asked this once before, but what exactly is "Math" Rock?  maybe I'm just really lame, but I've never heard that term before...

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 01:43:07 PM »
I love the fratellis album... It is a bit frenetic, but fun and catchy as hell.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

Rene A. Moncivais

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 03:08:45 PM »
I think I asked this once before, but what exactly is "Math" Rock?  maybe I'm just really lame, but I've never heard that term before...

Essentially it's music that deals with complex time changes in the music.  Some bands that are like this are DOn Caballero, Cinemechanica, Maps and Atlases and volta do mar.  Those are just a few bands that make "Math Rock."  I really hate the term Math Rock, but I guess the best description would be modern prog-rock.
"What about Oliver Stone?"

"Ummm, send him meat."

Kevin Shields

• Godfather
  • CINECAST! You FLY, Clovis, & FroHam
    • thevoid99's Epinions Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 03:24:50 PM »
Just downloaded Blue Lines by Massive Attack.  Great album.  I'm going to do their next two in the weekend.  Maybe some Zeppelin as well.  Also the new White Stripes in the coming week. 
"I want to be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2007, 04:04:54 PM »
I like Blue Lines, but my favorite is still mezzanine. I like Protection too, but tracks on in like karmacoma remind me a lot of faithless. Not that this is a bad thing! I have a nice selection of faithless cds too.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 04:06:28 PM by lise »
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

MrBTY

• Prepare yourselves...
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2007, 02:31:50 AM »
The new Linkin Park. It's meh. What made them great amongst all the rap/rock groups of the early 2000s was the fact that they could mix the rap and rock perfectly. It never felt like one overpowered the other. Not here. I'm sure maybe for like mood music or something it'd be fine but by no means could I listen to it all the time.

I also just got the Kanye West- Can't Tell me Nothing mixtape. Totally dig it and am definately anticipating his next real album.

spoko

• Elite Member
  • Hero of the Great Taco Syndicate
    • Bullet in the Brain
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2007, 06:10:53 AM »
I finally found Vieux Farka Touré's debut album. Not that this will mean much to most of you, but obviously he's the sun of Malian guitarist Ali Farka Touré. I've been looking for this album all year, and finally managed to find it. It's pretty damn good, I have to say. One song, "Diallo," especially stands out so far. Great stuff.

I also just got Keren Ann's self-titled CD, which I haven't finished listening to yet but which seems fairly good, and Calexico's The Black Light. I am loving the collaboration CD with Iron & Wine, btw. Damn, that's good.

Kevin Shields

• Godfather
  • CINECAST! You FLY, Clovis, & FroHam
    • thevoid99's Epinions Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2007, 04:20:40 PM »
Massive Attack-Protection

I hate Linkin Park.  They suck.  I will beat them to death for butchering NIN's "Wish"
"I want to be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal

love