Author Topic: The last album you bought, pirated, streamed online....  (Read 278661 times)

Solid Blake

• Godfather
Re: The last album you bought, pirated, streamed online....
« Reply #3240 on: July 15, 2018, 10:30:44 PM »

My favorite albums of the summer thus far:
  • Wide Awake by Rayland Baxter
  • The Now Now by Gorillaz
  • Blood Type by Cautious Clay
  • Lush by Snail Mail

Smoke

• band website
« Reply #3241 on: July 16, 2018, 10:32:32 PM »
Listened to Barnstorm, the 1st Joe Walsh project after James Gang, 2x on youtube then purchased a download. Have listened at least 6 times in 4 days. What a terrific album, a seminal and timeless example of what rock music is all about. I'm serious.

Have also acquired 3 of the Kanye "Wyoming" series by other means, and very much enjoy the stereogum playlist which draws from all 5 (?) of them.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 10:52:31 PM by Smoke »

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #3242 on: July 17, 2018, 03:08:48 AM »
Listened to Barnstorm, the 1st Joe Walsh project after James Gang, 2x on youtube then purchased a download. Have listened at least 6 times in 4 days. What a terrific album, a seminal an timeless example of what rock music is all about. I'm serious.

Have also acquired 3 of the Kanye "Wyoming" series by other means, and very much enjoy the stereogum playlist which draws from all 5 (?) of them.

Added it to my Tidal list to blast the next time I am doing housework. I know his popular radio plays from the 70's and 80's, can't say I recognize many here by name so looking forward to it
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #3243 on: July 17, 2018, 06:05:26 PM »
ye (10/10) > Kids See Ghosts (9/10) > KTSE (9/10) > Daytona (9/10) > Nasir (5/10, but no fault of Kanye, he's a god)

Smoke

• band website
« Reply #3244 on: July 17, 2018, 10:53:22 PM »
Listened to Barnstorm, the 1st Joe Walsh project after James Gang, 2x on youtube then purchased a download. Have listened at least 6 times in 4 days. What a terrific album, a seminal an timeless example of what rock music is all about. I'm serious.

Added it to my Tidal list to blast the next time I am doing housework. I know his popular radio plays from the 70's and 80's, can't say I recognize many here by name so looking forward to it

Most of it's pretty laid back, compared to what one might expect. Hope you like it!

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #3245 on: July 17, 2018, 11:57:15 PM »
I've been listening to Elephant Gym, a math rock band from Taiwan.  They mostly do instrumentals, and they sound a bit like Yes, not as fast, but the rhythms are more complex.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #3246 on: September 21, 2018, 12:03:45 AM »
Ohhh happiness is listening to Fantasies by Metric and getting a notice from Apple Music that Metric’s new album Art of Doubt literally just dropped.
My night is planned...
Hey, nice marmot!

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #3247 on: September 21, 2018, 10:44:16 PM »
People seem to be really flipping out about this new Lupe album, which I guess I'll listen to at some point, but it seems very long. I guess it's a double album.

I've been listening to that Juice WRLD from earlier this year non-stop.

love