love

Author Topic: Movies you've walked out on  (Read 14776 times)

VmSoze

• Elite Member
  • I am The Christmas Spirit! :)
Re: Movies you've walked out on
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 06:11:27 PM »
The only movie I ever walked out of was Dumb and Dumber.  I loathe that movie, and have never watched it since I left about 40 minutes into it.  It's a running joke in my family that it's my favorite movie of all time... i seriously hate it.

Wow, I don't know what to think of you anymore.  Dumb and Dumber is one of my favorite comedies of all time.

You should think that I'm right and you're wrong because Dumb and Dumber is one of the worst movies EVER.  Thanks. :)

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 03:48:07 AM »
I've never walked out of a film, but really wanted to during the Island of Dr. Moreau, if I can make it through that, I can make it through near anything.  But I have shut movies off at home.
Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

winrit

• Elite Member
  • “Positively the same dame.”
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 09:23:23 AM »
I don't remember walking out on a movie. I wanted to walk out on Spiderman 3 after about 15 minutes. I did fall asleep during a Bond movie and Monsters Inc. Sleeping through a movie has much the same result as walking out.  :)
"Kickboxing. Sport of the future."

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 09:36:14 AM »
Ooh, falling asleep.  I did fall asleep during Stop Making Sense as a midnight flick in high school.  Being a suburban high-schooler and it being a midnight show in the big city, it was something I went to fairly often so had seen it several times at that point.  It seems strange to me that they played this film as a midnight film, every Saturday, for many months.

A few months ago I fell asleep during Metropolis.
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 09:42:09 AM »
I fell asleep during the opening scenes of Cast Away. You know...the big plane crash...
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

winrit

• Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 09:51:45 AM »
I also wanted to walk out on The Chronicles of Narnia, but I didn't. I never read the books so I had no sentimental attachment to the story. Also, I was suffering from a Lord of the Rings superiority complex at the time.

karlwinslow

• Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 10:36:25 AM »
I also wanted to walk out on The Chronicles of Narnia, but I didn't. I never read the books so I had no sentimental attachment to the story. Also, I was suffering from a Lord of the Rings superiority complex at the time.

Liam Neeson's voice was almost enough to get me out of there.

chesterfilms

• Godfather
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 11:13:10 AM »
I walked out of Event Horizon. I hated that movie so much!
What? What are you talking about? It's girls and spaghetti. We love girls and spaghetti.

Emiliana

• Elite Member
  • Life is a Cabaret!
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 06:39:13 PM »
As I often go to the cinema not knowing what film I am going to see, I have walked out of a couple. The first that comes to mind is Black Hawk Down, which just became too much to stomach for me. The other one was Flight of the Phoenix, which was neither awful nor particularly gruesome, it was just that I felt I knew exactly where the film was going and just decided on a whim that I really didn't need to see all that play out.

I have never walked out of a film that I consciously chose to see at the cinema.

I fell asleep during Fracture (another one of those that was "forced" on me in a Sneak Preview) and Blade Runner (it was the second film of a double feature, and I was too inexperienced to get what was great about the film, I guess).

winrit

• Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 06:54:45 PM »
Hey Emiliana, welcome back. Happy belated birthday!