Author Topic: Movies you've walked out on  (Read 14784 times)

JoshuaOst

Re: Movies you've walked out on
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 07:12:17 PM »
I also wanted to walk out on The Chronicles of Narnia, but I didn't. I never read the books so I had no sentimental attachment to the story.

I didn't see it because I had a sentimental attachment to the stories.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2007, 11:16:26 PM »
The other one was Flight of the Phoenix, which was neither awful nor particularly gruesome, it was just that I felt I knew exactly where the film was going and just decided on a whim that I really didn't need to see all that play out.

Hugh Laurie was enough to keep me interested in that movie. I assume you are talking about the remake... cause nobody talks about the original.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 05:15:19 PM »
Walked out on Encino Man and Van Helsing - the second of which was so bad that I would happily plop that in the DVD player just to walk out on it one more time.
Hey, nice marmot!

MrBTY

• Prepare yourselves...
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 02:29:37 AM »
Natural Born Killers - I stuck through this for about 3/4 of it because I loved Oliver Stone's visual style from this era, the JFK era where he was doing a lot of double exposures and collages.  I was even stomaching the ultra-violence pretty well until they got to the jail scenes.  At that point, I had such a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that I had to walk out.  I felt that if I watched any more I'd be permanently damaged.

Seriously??? I found myself in love with the "ultraviolence" throughout. If anything, Rodney Dangerfield feelin up his daughter should make you sick. Still, love this movie.

As far as being in the theatre, I've never left the theatre. The closest was during Dark Water which was able to do the impossible. Bore the living hell out of a stoned teenager. Seriously, that's like making an elephant fit in a mini-van. Im' sure somehow it could be done, but it's gonna hurt like hell. I kept with it though, mainly because the soda wouldn't fit in my car's cupholder and I refuse to waste my $7.50.

At home the only movie I couldn't sit through was Ankle Biters. Midget vampires sucking blood to make a human sized vamp sounds cool right??? Not when 3/4 of the shots I saw were a white, Blade rip off jumping and flipping. The movie seriously made me question everything I believed in at that time (aka midgets can make ANY movie bearable).

roner

• Groovy
    • Boxwatcher
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2007, 09:39:02 AM »
I usually don't leave a movie no matter how bad it is but there have been a few exceptions.

I fell asleep multiple times during The thin red line.  I worked 3rd shift (11pm-7am) at the time.  Got off work that morning and without sleeping saw a matinee.  Lack of sleep combined with boring flick (Sorry, I know many of you love this film and more power to you, but I just don't get it) equals snoozefest.  I think I woke up and fell alseep two times, too tired to walk out. 

Monsters Inc.  Still on thrid shift, went to my bowling league after work.  Drank too many beers and went to the matinee to see the trailer for Star Wars Episode II.  Saw the trailer and geeked out.  Movie started and passed out.  Woke up about halfway throught the movie and decided it was time to go home.  Real shame because I saw the movie later on Starz and liked it a lot. 

The Holiday-  Off third shift have Fridays off.  Went to the mall and the car died.  Took it to sears automotive, they told me they could fix it but it would take a few hours.  Went to the second run theater in the mall and decided to see this movie.  I love the idea of the pudgy dude (Jack Black) getting the babe (Kate Winslet).  Saw about twenty minutes and the phone buzzed, on vibrate I'm a considerate movie goer.  Listened to the voice mail and Sears told me they could not fix the car.  Figured I'd better leave and deal with the car.  Movie was okay, kind of standard and I don't feel like I missed anything.  I'm sure I'll watch it on TV at some point.  Got a new car later the next week! 
"No matter where you go, there you are."
                               -Buckaroo Banzai

www.boxwatcher.net
www.viewfromthecheapseatsonline.com
With Podcast!

JoshuaOst

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 02:19:37 PM »
I make sure that I'm not tired when I go see a movie.  Even when I'm watching really good films, I fall asleep when I'm tired.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

winrit

• Elite Member
  • “Positively the same dame.”
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2007, 04:30:09 PM »
Roner, I fell asleep during Monsters Inc. too. I don't think I ever saw the whole thing.
"Kickboxing. Sport of the future."

Scalzo

• Scotch, scotch, scotch...I love scotch!
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2007, 08:23:28 PM »
If I can sit through all of Alone in the Dark, I think I can watch pretty much anything.
Ah the sweet smell of skunk that is Alone In The Dark.  You know, it stinks but you still need to smell it.

It's on right now on the Sci-Fi channel.  Uwe, I love you.

Oh, and have not yet walked out on a film.  Glutton for punishment I guess.
"Don't act like you're not impressed."

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2007, 07:35:51 PM »
At home the only movie I couldn't sit through was Ankle Biters. Midget vampires sucking blood to make a human sized vamp sounds cool right??? Not when 3/4 of the shots I saw were a white, Blade rip off jumping and flipping. The movie seriously made me question everything I believed in at that time (aka midgets can make ANY movie bearable).

This alone makes me want to put it in my queue...
Hey, nice marmot!

VmSoze

• Elite Member
  • I am The Christmas Spirit! :)
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2007, 10:19:30 PM »

This alone makes me want to put it in my queue...

it's so on my queue it's not even funny... :)