Author Topic: #168: Harry Potter / Ratatouille / Asphalt Jungle / Kasi Lemmons / Misfits  (Read 6272 times)

karlwinslow

• Elite Member
did anyone else have a frequency problem while listening to the podcast?  I heard a sort of swooshing tone/pitch/kind of thing throughout the show, except for when clips were played.
No problem here.

maybe it's my speakers.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
No problems hear either. See what I did there?
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

winrit

• Elite Member
  • “Positively the same dame.”
I actually only have problems when the clips come on. I can hear the show, but I can't hear the clips. When I turn it up the clip gets distorted and then a loud blast of Sam and Adam when the clip ends. Now I love Sam and Adam, but not loud Sam and Adam (unless we're talking The Lake House). I pretty sure it's my car stereo. I think I may need some new car speakers.  :)
"Kickboxing. Sport of the future."

alexarch

• Godfather
I actually only have problems when the clips come on. I can hear the show, but I can't hear the clips. When I turn it up the clip gets distorted and then a loud blast of Sam and Adam when the clip ends. Now I love Sam and Adam, but not loud Sam and Adam (unless we're talking The Lake House). I pretty sure it's my car stereo. I think I may need some new car speakers.  :)
I had that same exact problem with Studio 360 one time.  I never figured it out, and on the next 'cast it was fixed.  I blamed it on Studio 360.

alexarch

• Godfather
No problems hear either. See what I did there?
Very clever.

winrit

• Elite Member
I blamed it on Studio 360.

O.K., next time I'll shake my fist at the sky and loudly yell out our hosts' names. ;)

kadajawi

did anyone else have a frequency problem while listening to the podcast?  I heard a sort of swooshing tone/pitch/kind of thing throughout the show, except for when clips were played.
I recall having that problem too. Haven't finished yet, so I'll try to listen for it next time. It's not too annoying though.

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
That's bizarre. I haven't heard anything like that.
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Well I always listen to the podcast while I mow so if there were any audio problems I wasn't able to notice them. I find that listening to them while I mow gives the the incentive to mow and if I totally disagree and disregard what Adam and Sam said, at least I did something useful!

winrit

• Elite Member

Adam did you change something in the mix because suddenly I no longer have this problem with the clips. Unless my car/iPod/thingy that connects my car to the iPod or whatever it was causing the problem fixed itself. Who knows.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 08:49:24 PM by winrit »