love

Author Topic: 8/24 Show - Nanny Diaries  (Read 4947 times)

Wilson

• Elite Member
Re: 8/24 Show - Nanny Diaries
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 09:11:51 AM »
I don't suppose This Is England is open anywhere near you guys?

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 09:45:20 AM »
England - This is where we run into the Adam in Chicago, Sam in Milwaukee issue... I'd love to see and discuss it. Pretty sure it isn't playing up north though.
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 09:46:15 AM »
The post above is an interesting idea, but it may cross into Top 5 territory which would potentially ruin some fun Top 5's for future episodes.

I, actually, have a friend who is interning at the Weinstein Company and has already seen the Nanny Diaries and said it was surprisingly enjoyable, not like the previews. I generally trust his opinion, but I still think filmspotting listeners would be far more tempted to hear reviews of Rocket Science, Interview, 2 Days in Paris, The Invasion, or Death at a Funeral. Also, an extended listener feedback time slot would be nice. We haven't had one in a while.
I really want to see 2 Days in Paris -- and Dans Paris! -- but neither have opened here yet.
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 11:22:28 AM »
johnVdaum had some swell ideas, any of them resonate with the hosts?

This is England would be swell to hear reviewed, maybe Sam can come on down to the Music Box for a screening ;D
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

yoyosammy

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 11:37:29 AM »
Adam, This is England can be ordered for $5.00 if you get your cable from Optimum. Also, Death at a Funeral opens on the 17th and immediately goes to 250 theatres (according to boxofficemojo.com, a reliable source). Rocket Science is going to expands, but I don't know exactly when. What about The Ten? Wet Hot American Summer was really funny, and it's already playing by me (just outside of NYC). It expands to more theatres on the 17th. Interview has been playing for a while. 

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2007, 02:52:52 PM »
oooh cool another site! I've always used the Early Report at filmjerk.com. Before I moved I had to keep close watch on when the smaller films opened up in new orleans, because with only one indie theater they were often only there for a week.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

Moviebuff28

• Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2007, 06:34:01 PM »
Illegal Tender - Wide
Mr. Bean's Holiday - Wide
The Nanny Diaries - Wide
September Dawn - Wide
WAR - Wide
Closing Escrow   
Dedication
Deep Water
Hannah Takes the Stairs (on Wed.)
The Hottest State
Resurrecting the Champ - opens in around 500-600 theaters.
Right at Your Door
The 11th Hour - Expands to the Top 15 Markets

Katebo

• Elite Member
  • Shiny!
    • Sound on Sight TV
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 10:03:28 AM »
I really want to see Death at a Funeral, so I'd love to hear you guys review it. The trailer looks good and Alan Tudyk's in it- that's enough for me.