love

Author Topic: What should I watch? (2007-2010)  (Read 709516 times)

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
Re: What should I watch?
« Reply #1170 on: September 16, 2008, 08:07:40 PM »
Both.

They both equate to high quality Coen brothers fun fun.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1171 on: September 16, 2008, 08:22:48 PM »
That one's queued up too, plus it came out first so I guess I should keep everything in chronological order. Now to decide if I want to start collecting Coen DVDs or Van Sant DVDs after I get the last few to close out my Burton collection.

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #1172 on: September 17, 2008, 11:00:37 AM »
That one's queued up too, plus it came out first so I guess I should keep everything in chronological order. Now to decide if I want to start collecting Coen DVDs or Van Sant DVDs after I get the last few to close out my Burton collection.

Van Sant will cost you more as he's got 2 criterions, you'll also have to constantly explain to everyone why you own Even Cowgirls Get the Blues and Finding Forrester.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #1173 on: September 17, 2008, 11:05:08 AM »
You don't need to buy Finding Forester.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1174 on: September 17, 2008, 11:08:22 AM »

You're the man now, dog! (this would be a good slogan for a certain anthropomorphized mezoamerican canis comedy coming soon to a theater near you)

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #1175 on: September 17, 2008, 11:09:53 AM »

You're the man now, dog! (this would be a good slogan for a certain anthropomorphized mezoamerican canis comedy coming soon to a theater near you)

Yeah, I can see that hapenning. Want to start storyboarding?

karlwinslow

• Elite Member
« Reply #1176 on: September 17, 2008, 11:12:20 AM »

Van Sant will cost you more as he's got 2 criterions, you'll also have to constantly explain to everyone why you own Even Cowgirls Get the Blues and Finding Forrester.

yeah skip those two, and i would say skip mala noche (not a bad film (though not a particularly good one), just more money than it's worth)....but the rest you should get.

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1177 on: September 17, 2008, 11:13:07 AM »

Yeah, I can see that hapenning. Want to start storyboarding?

huh?  I was refering to everyones favorite love to hate extravaganza Chihuahua!

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #1178 on: September 18, 2008, 03:44:13 PM »
Well, unexpectedly I find myself with a weekend off and home alone.  I had planned to go with my partner to visit her grandmother but her grandmother asked if just Jan can come (I think it's because she's 95 and slowing down and loves to make a massive to-do for visitors and feels bad that she can't) so after clearing the calendar so I could be out of town, I won't be.  And I'll be pretty much stuck at home with the crazy rescued dog we're fostering who has severe separation anxiety and acts out by EATING THE SOFA.

So I just sent back a Netflix today and if things go as they have lately, they'll receive it tomorrow and start a new one out to me and I'll likely get it on Friday.  I can get anything I want without worrying that Jan won't be interested in (something really sad, really gory, or "too much reading" (foreign--she likes foreign movies but has to be in a particular mood to "read a movie" as she says), and I'll have time to enjoy a long involved movie if that's my preference.

However, I won't be able to run out and get a pile of Asian food so I'm going to put off watching Eat Drink Man Woman (at the top of my queue currently) or my 2 Asian movie matchups.  I probably don't want to watch a horror movie while I'm home alone.

With those qualifiers, what movie do you think I should put at the top of my queue in the hopes of watching it uninterrupted over the weekend?

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #1179 on: September 18, 2008, 03:59:19 PM »
If you haven't seen There Will Be Blood yet, that would be at the top of my list. Going foreign, The Diving Bell and The Butterfly is amazing.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

love