Author Topic: What should I watch? (2007-2010)  (Read 709320 times)

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
Re: What should I watch?
« Reply #1430 on: December 04, 2008, 11:35:58 AM »
I would have said Fong Sai Yuk, but I guess it's past the point where it was helpful. What did you choose in the end?

he obviously chose transformers.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #1431 on: December 04, 2008, 12:22:03 PM »
Actually, no, still very helpful.  I'm curious to see if I'm Not There remains in the lead.  And tomorrow I promise to watch whatever choice gets the most support from you all.

Last night, I ended up putting on the first thirty minutes of Dan in Real Life because I needed something that I didn't mind watching piece-meal.  It lived up to that expectation, too.  Any movie where two characters have a secret and a third character says, apropos of nothing, "I know what you guys are up to!" and then pauses unnaturally just because the screenplay requires the other two characters squirm, until that character finally reveals that, lol, he's not talking about the secret after all! — that's not a movie that demands to be watched in a single sitting.  But, still, it seems rather pleasantly boring, which I'm okay with right now.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #1432 on: December 04, 2008, 12:24:18 PM »
Pleasantly boring  ;D

You're probably right. But I had fun with the stupid family relations stuff. It was kinda hilariously white and upper class.

+ Binoche

Anyway, you should watch all those other things I like. You owe me for various reasons.

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
« Reply #1433 on: December 04, 2008, 12:24:28 PM »
And tomorrow I promise to watch whatever choice gets the most support from you all.

In that case... In Bruges!
A$AP Fables

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #1434 on: December 04, 2008, 12:24:39 PM »
Vicky Cristina Barcelona
A Christmas Tale.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #1435 on: December 04, 2008, 12:26:53 PM »
And tomorrow I promise to watch whatever choice gets the most support from you all.

In that case... In Bruges!

I have already forced IB upon pix - no need to waste the vote.

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead - so that you can play questions over the holidays with friends.

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #1436 on: December 04, 2008, 12:27:34 PM »

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #1437 on: December 04, 2008, 01:49:24 PM »
I have already forced IB upon pix - no need to waste the vote.

I will (probably) watch them all in the next couple of weeks.  Just a matter of prioritizing.

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead - so that you can play questions over the holidays with friends.

Is it a fun game?

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Emiliana

• Elite Member
  • Life is a Cabaret!
« Reply #1438 on: December 04, 2008, 03:42:26 PM »

Is it a fun game?

pixote

How can you doubt it?

(You should definitely watch Rosencrantz & Guildenstern sooner rather than later. It definitely gets my vote, with Volver following close at its heels.)

Thor

• Godfather
    • KTQ
« Reply #1439 on: December 04, 2008, 06:59:02 PM »
I really thought I'm Not There was not that much fun. Maybe if you're a huge Dylan fan... I like him but the movie, well, meh...

Fong Sai Yuk and Volver are my suggestions.
Wanting for Thor what Thor wants for Thor.

love