love

Author Topic: What should I watch? (2007-2010)  (Read 709354 times)

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
Re: What should I watch?
« Reply #1600 on: January 04, 2009, 06:01:42 PM »
Oh, great now everybody has the same opinions! Why is there so much fighting? How are we ever going to know how wrong people are? Do I know what I am saying anymore?
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #1601 on: January 04, 2009, 06:01:54 PM »
 :o

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #1602 on: January 04, 2009, 07:56:48 PM »

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1603 on: January 04, 2009, 09:16:41 PM »
While I'm sure no one would know, is Marley and Me worth checking out? I hate movies with Owen Wilson, but apparently it's pretty depressing, and I'm down with that, especially in a PG movie. Plus I'll likely not be able to see Bolt until DVD. If I do a three movie day on Wednesday, with Revolutionary Road and The Reader I may either go with Marley or Gran Torino for number 3. Though I am pretty sure I can find Gran Torino online. Either way, yes or no for this movie about the dog?

Sheepboy

« Reply #1604 on: January 04, 2009, 09:24:52 PM »
Revolutionary Road was first Mendes film I really did not like. However if you are intending to see both that and the Reader I would certainly advise something with some levity like Gran Torino.

Also anything that involves Aniston usually can be safely missed from experience.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1605 on: January 04, 2009, 09:27:54 PM »
Revolutionary Road was first Mendes film I really did not like. However if you are intending to see both that and the Reader I would certainly advise something with some levity like Gran Torino.

Also anything that involves Aniston usually can be safely missed from experience.

According to imdb it will be the first Mendes film that I'll see, plus it's only showing at like 38 houses, and I'm a sucker for smaller openings before wide releases. And Gran Torino keeps getting recommendations. I'm guess that'll be on the slate.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1606 on: January 04, 2009, 10:53:33 PM »
While I'm sure no one would know, is Marley and Me worth checking out? I hate movies with Owen Wilson, but apparently it's pretty depressing, and I'm down with that, especially in a PG movie. Plus I'll likely not be able to see Bolt until DVD. If I do a three movie day on Wednesday, with Revolutionary Road and The Reader I may either go with Marley or Gran Torino for number 3. Though I am pretty sure I can find Gran Torino online. Either way, yes or no for this movie about the dog?
I have yet to see the film or read the book but the author spoke at my school and from the stories he relayed that were in the book that made it into the film it definitely sounds a crop above similar films. I intend to see it at some point in the future.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #1607 on: January 07, 2009, 07:08:07 PM »
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Doubt
Frost/Nixon

I'm pretty exhausted, so it should be the one that's not quite worth giving my full attention to or the one that's so riveting that there's no chance of my mind drifting away.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1608 on: January 07, 2009, 07:09:03 PM »
Doubt for sure.

StarCarly

• Elite Member
  • Something about a pillow.
« Reply #1609 on: January 07, 2009, 07:38:43 PM »
pix should watch Doubt.

Which should I watch first? (I'll get to both of them within 24 hours)

Glengarry Glen Ross (my first Mamet)
Paranoid Park
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."

Films Watched in 2017

Letterboxd

love