Author Topic: What should I watch? (2007-2010)  (Read 709601 times)

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
Re: What should I watch?
« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2007, 12:09:01 PM »
Possibly headed to the theater today.

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

or

Into the Wild
A$AP Fables

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2007, 12:35:16 PM »
I haven't seen Into the Wild, but it can't be more of a waste of money than Before the Devil Knows You're Dead. The latter will be in continuous loop on HBO and later on TBS in the coming months, wait for that rather than spending your money.
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2007, 12:51:01 PM »
Yeah, do Into the Wild, if for no other reason than I'd rather see Penn get a little more box office
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2007, 12:54:04 PM »
Yeah, do Into the Wild, if for no other reason than I'd rather see Penn get a little more box office

Did you go see Into the Wild the other night, skjerva? If so, review, please.

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2007, 01:03:49 PM »

No, I ended up going to nothing.  I was leaning to Lars and the Real Girl, because I thought it was disappearing, it was too late to go on Wed once I realized that the two showtimes for Th would both be impossible because of a work meeting:P  It turns out Lars is at some neighborhood theatre I've never been to, so I'll likely go this week, and I'll go to Into the Wild maybe sometime this weekend:)  Part of my lack of motivation is continued recovery at home, chilling with my puppy, but importantly, there aren't any theatres with several films of interest screening - I like to go to a movie and then have the security blanket of knowing that I could go to something else when Movie 1 is over if I feel like it:)
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2007, 01:17:06 PM »

No, I ended up going to nothing.  I was leaning to Lars and the Real Girl, because I thought it was disappearing, it was too late to go on Wed once I realized that the two showtimes for Th would both be impossible because of a work meeting:P  It turns out Lars is at some neighborhood theatre I've never been to, so I'll likely go this week, and I'll go to Into the Wild maybe sometime this weekend:)  Part of my lack of motivation is continued recovery at home, chilling with my puppy, but importantly,

I'll be looking forward to hearing about those two films when you see them. Glad you've had time to just chill at home - that sounds really nice.  :)

there aren't any theatres with several films of interest screening - I like to go to a movie and then have the security blanket of knowing that I could go to something else when Movie 1 is over if I feel like it:)

I guess I don't go to the theater enough - I've never thought seriously about going to back-to-back movies (only in my dreams :) )

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2007, 01:24:43 PM »

No, I ended up going to nothing.  I was leaning to Lars and the Real Girl, because I thought it was disappearing, it was too late to go on Wed once I realized that the two showtimes for Th would both be impossible because of a work meeting:P  It turns out Lars is at some neighborhood theatre I've never been to, so I'll likely go this week, and I'll go to Into the Wild maybe sometime this weekend:)  Part of my lack of motivation is continued recovery at home, chilling with my puppy, but importantly,

I'll be looking forward to hearing about those two films when you see them. Glad you've had time to just chill at home - that sounds really nice.  :)

there aren't any theatres with several films of interest screening - I like to go to a movie and then have the security blanket of knowing that I could go to something else when Movie 1 is over if I feel like it:)

I guess I don't go to the theater enough - I've never thought seriously about going to back-to-back movies (only in my dreams :) )

Yeah, I love going to movies back-to-back, have done three a few times, and always have big eyes for more, but that has been extremely rare:)

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2007, 01:29:26 PM »
I saw all 5 best picture nominees last year at AMC's showcase. One of the best days of my life.
A$AP Fables

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2007, 01:34:25 PM »
I saw all 5 best picture nominees last year at AMC's showcase. One of the best days of my life.

Sounds fantastic!! Lucky you.

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2007, 02:00:03 PM »

That does sound like fun.  How many of them had you already seen?  (And I wonder what they'll be this year?)

love