Author Topic: Remake that needs to be made  (Read 10689 times)

m_rturnage

• FAB
  • Elite Member
  • Beauty hurts.
    • Too Much Time on My Hands
Remake that needs to be made
« on: October 25, 2007, 08:49:30 PM »
I'm trying to remember where I read/heard it (it might have been a 'More Fun with Dick and Jane' movie review), but the idea was that if you are going to remake a movie, you should fix what went wrong with it.

So, in that spirit, what movie would you remake and what would you fix about it in the remake?
http://www.26screenplays.com - Short screenplays for independent filmmakers.

You light a man a fire, and he's warm for a night. You light a man ON fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

karlwinslow

• Elite Member
Re: Remake that needs to be made
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 09:22:55 PM »
remake V for Vendetta.  The whole time I was watching it I was thinking....I would have made such a better movie.  I don't remember exactly what I would have done, but it would have been good.

m_rturnage

• FAB
  • Elite Member
  • Beauty hurts.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 10:51:05 PM »
I will choose to state the obvious -

Chasing Amy with a leading woman whose voice does not frighten.

You light a man a fire, and he's warm for a night. You light a man ON fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 01:15:15 AM »
V For Vendetta is a good choice but I'm gonna go with Logan's Run, which is in development/preproduction at the moment.  The story is really great and would lend itself to a much better film than the original.  It's unfortunate that the Island is essentially a poorman's Logan's Run, but the real deal aught to be good.  I've got some inside info that tells me there is a good chance that this remake won't suck.
Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 09:32:07 AM »
I would like to see Johnny Mnemonic Remade - the original story is so much better than the screenplay.
Hey, nice marmot!

spoko

• Elite Member
  • Hero of the Great Taco Syndicate
    • Bullet in the Brain
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 09:48:34 AM »

Of course you'd also require a director whose pompous self-importance does not overwhelm.

m_rturnage

• FAB
  • Elite Member
  • Beauty hurts.
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 11:27:58 AM »

Of course you'd also require a director whose pompous self-importance does not overwhelm.

I don't understand? Having the director show up, say the name of the movie, and then spell out the theme of the movie doesn't work for you?

spoko

• Elite Member
  • Hero of the Great Taco Syndicate
    • Bullet in the Brain
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 11:32:53 AM »

I don't understand? Having the director show up, say the name of the movie, and then spell out the theme of the movie doesn't work for you?

Well, I do always love a movie to have an explicit theme, I must say. After all, like the rest of the filmgoing audience, I'm a complete dunce, and I won't see it if it doesn't slam straight into my face. And I suppose I shouldn't really object to the director stepping up to the camera for that effect. Maybe it's just the trenchcoat.

Tom the Drunk

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 11:58:38 AM »
Well, Fantastic Four needs a re-start (much like they did with Batman).  There are some great stories and villians, and they fouled it up.  I guess that can be said of a number of superhero movies.....

I heard there were talks of The Omega Man, that was a cool movie that could use an update.

I'm tempted to say Dune but it's probably too much to fit into one movie.  Sci-Fi channel had the right idea making it a mini-series, and that was decent.

VmSoze

• Elite Member
  • I am The Christmas Spirit! :)
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 03:59:04 PM »
I would LOVE to remake X-Men: The Last Stand.  That movie really deserved to be better, of course, you'd have to fix pretty much everything about it, except for the scene where Prof. X dies (that was pretty awesome), oh and if I was going to kill a major character (Scott), I'd do it on screen in the remake.

love