Author Topic: Weather Report  (Read 130502 times)

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
Re: Weather Report
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2007, 06:42:46 PM »
That's purrrrrrrty. I haven't seen the sun in over a week.
A$AP Fables

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2007, 06:45:10 PM »
That's purrrrrrrty. I haven't seen the sun in over a week.

It was particularly breathtaking because it's been raining and dark all day today - there was just this one moment of light - now it's dark again.

winrit

• Elite Member
  • “Positively the same dame.”
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2007, 08:53:19 PM »
It's snow, snow, snowing. I'm still perfecting the art of removing my shoes without getting my socks wet or my floor all gunky. Hey, it's the first big snow... I just need a little practice. I did implement a 3 mat entrance policy: heavy thick mat on the outside, smaller mat in the foyer, and a thin mat (for drying of shoes) on the inside. A 3 mat policy is the only way to go!
"Kickboxing. Sport of the future."

VmSoze

• Elite Member
  • I am The Christmas Spirit! :)
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2007, 09:04:55 PM »
cold, maybe snow tomorrow

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2007, 09:59:29 PM »
It's snow, snow, snowing. I'm still perfecting the art of removing my shoes without getting my socks wet or my floor all gunky. Hey, it's the first big snow... I just need a little practice. I did implement a 3 mat entrance policy: heavy thick mat on the outside, smaller mat in the foyer, and a thin mat (for drying of shoes) on the inside. A 3 mat policy is the only way to go!

You are so serious!
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

winrit

• Elite Member
  • “Positively the same dame.”
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2007, 10:09:57 PM »
You are so serious!

Are you saying you have not implemented a three mat system? It's snowing man!
"Kickboxing. Sport of the future."

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2007, 10:17:53 PM »
You are so serious!

It is a fabulous snow, isn't it?

I use the apartment hallway as the first mat, although it is hardwood, and then just track stuff into the apartment.  I guess even one mat would make things cleaner :P
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2007, 10:20:51 PM »
You are so serious!

That 3-mat system sounds awesome, winrit - I'll have to share your idea with my hubby (who's very into "systems"). We've been struggling (and I do mean "struggling" - serious discussions) for some time about how to solve the mud problem. His idea was to put some sort of a de-shoeing bench in our entry way: dirty feet on one side - remove shoes - swing legs over bench - place socked feet on clean carpet - enter mud-free home. Nice idea - but not very practical really - a bench won't fit in our entry way. Plus I doubt my 87-year-old grandma, when she visits, can do much leg-swinging.

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2007, 10:24:20 PM »
You are so serious!

That 3-mat system sounds awesome, winrit - I'll have to share your idea with my hubby (who's very into "systems"). We've been struggling (and I do mean "struggling" - serious discussions) for some time about how to solve the mud problem. His idea was to put some sort of a de-shoeing bench in our entry way: dirty feet on one side - remove shoes - swing legs over bench - place socked feet on clean carpet - enter mud-free home. Nice idea - but not very practical really - a bench won't fit in our entry way. Plus I doubt my 87-year-old grandma, when she visits, can do much leg-swinging.

Yeah, I was totally behind the system until grandma came into the picture.  For what it is worth, living in Bellingham is worth tracking some mud in.  So beautiful.

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2007, 10:27:13 PM »
For what it is worth, living in Bellingham is worth tracking some mud in.  So beautiful.

That's true.  :) "Count my blessings, name them one by one . . "

love