Author Topic: Weather Report  (Read 130512 times)

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
Re: Weather Report
« Reply #870 on: January 09, 2014, 11:15:50 PM »
 :o

I thought the computer converter was off. 111.2 degrees Fahrenheit?! That's unheard of!

*My kids laughed at all your great comments everyone! Thanks for encouraging them. :)

If this was reddit you'd get a lot of karma for that! :)

I'm not sure how this reddit karma works, but if you want to post the pics, you can have all the karma they have to offer!

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #871 on: January 09, 2014, 11:29:24 PM »

I thought the computer converter was off. 111.2 degrees Fahrenheit?! That's unheard of!

Not down here it's not. Though it hasn't been that high for quite a while. We're just getting into the really hot season.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #872 on: January 09, 2014, 11:42:44 PM »
Gonna be a lovely 80 through the week in Nassau, apparently good chance for some rain though. Hope I get a couple solid sunny days.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #873 on: January 11, 2014, 12:31:18 PM »
As a pedestrian there's nothing nothing better than finally seeing one of these things roll through your neighbourhood.

How it feels getting to work before:

How it feels after:

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #874 on: January 11, 2014, 02:19:32 PM »
 :))

I've never seen that yellow contraption before. Sweet!

This is about as fancy as it gets around here:

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #875 on: January 11, 2014, 05:09:33 PM »
Not sure how I feel about all this since we're still waiting for any kind of snow this winter.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #876 on: January 11, 2014, 07:26:15 PM »

Not down here it's not. Though it hasn't been that high for quite a while. We're just getting into the really hot season.

Where is here???  Need to not go there in January.  Will stick to my cool, year round 30 degree C.

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #877 on: January 11, 2014, 07:59:18 PM »

Where is here???  Need to not go there in January.  Will stick to my cool, year round 30 degree C.

Western Australia. Our summers get quite hot. I swear last year we had 3 months of 30+. Yesterday was our first real hot day. Hasn't been that high since last summer. Today is about 40 too.

Pseuds

« Reply #878 on: January 11, 2014, 08:27:46 PM »

Western Australia. Our summers get quite hot. I swear last year we had 3 months of 30+. Yesterday was our first real hot day. Hasn't been that high since last summer. Today is about 40 too.

A friend recorded 47C /116F in his backyard yesterday while we only recorded 39C/102F. Living on the coast makes a big difference.
He made me feel like a third class witch doctor.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #879 on: January 12, 2014, 06:51:38 AM »

A friend recorded 47C /116F in his backyard yesterday while we only recorded 39C/102F. Living on the coast makes a big difference.

47 is insane. I don't think I've ever been in that kind of heat. I live on the coast as well. Still very hot though. There's been a couple bushfires yesterday and today. Today's one is pretty big. They've issues warnings and alerts. Gotta feel for the firemen fighting fires in 40+ degree weather.