love

Author Topic: Weather Report  (Read 130507 times)

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
Re: Weather Report
« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2008, 09:39:04 PM »
Yep! Spring break baby!
A$AP Fables

chesterfilms

• Godfather
« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2008, 09:47:54 PM »
sweet. what are you gonna be doing?
What? What are you talking about? It's girls and spaghetti. We love girls and spaghetti.

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
« Reply #182 on: February 17, 2008, 09:49:25 PM »
Not sure. Probably hitting up a few different cities - San Diego, Anaheim, LA (of course). Definitely seeing a few films, spending some time at USC, going to the beach.
A$AP Fables

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #183 on: February 18, 2008, 12:56:47 PM »
Not sure. Probably hitting up a few different cities - San Diego, Anaheim, LA (of course). Definitely seeing a few films, spending some time at USC, going to the beach.

Sounds fab! I love So. CA in the spring.  :)

crumpet

• slithographer
    • CrumpArt
« Reply #184 on: March 14, 2008, 03:19:32 AM »
hot.  too frakking hot.  and windy to boot.

frakking 39 degrees celcius.  i'm too hot to convert that into fahrenheit for yo.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #185 on: March 14, 2008, 10:08:57 AM »
Well, body temp is 98.6F and if I recall correctly that's around 37C, so yeah, it's frakkin hot.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #186 on: March 14, 2008, 02:44:36 PM »
79 degrees and no clouds...light breeze...and tomorrow will be my first day off in 20 days!
Hey, nice marmot!

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #187 on: March 15, 2008, 06:15:26 PM »
Tornadoes!  Luckily missed us but I saw some of the damage around Atlanta today, and there was another chain of bad storms this afternoon that had some probable tornadoes in the far eastern metro area toward Athens.  Yikes!

choatime

« Reply #188 on: March 15, 2008, 06:57:46 PM »
Those storms came through Columbia, too.  Well, sort of.  Today was the St. Patrick's Day celebration where they close down the streets so lots of people can get drunk and wear green t-shirts with moderately funny puns on them.  And there were bands, probably 30 of them on 5 or 6 stages.  I had knew exactly one of these bands--the Avett Brothers, who were scheduled to close one of the stages from 4:40 to 6:00.  At 4:00, it rained for 5 minutes, but based on the threat of heavy storms (which to my knowledge have all a little to the north of us) they canceled the Avetts.  Argh!  I still haven't seen them. 

The bands that I did see were kinda lame.  One "received the second most radio airplay for an unsigned band in 2007!"  Woohoo!  I understand why they are unsigned.  Apparently it's a frat-rock band that hooked up with a female finalists on that CBS reality show where you audition to be the new frontman for a band fighting with has-beenity.  But, a free t-shirt that was thrown from the stage hit me in the chest.  "shamRockin'" it said.   Clever, Budweiser, but if I were in a band, I don't think I'd want the word "sham" to be anywhere near my stage show.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2008, 02:53:47 AM »
Few things are more depressing than an unfulfilled promise of rain.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad