Author Topic: Blade Runner  (Read 2845 times)

andyg

• My Site
Blade Runner
« on: October 29, 2007, 07:00:53 PM »
Anyone get to see the re-release of this?
I just saw it at the Landmark in LA which is about as good a theatre as you can see. Any of the things they changed I didnt notice. It was just so sharp and beautiful.

Also, I think this film has my favourite last shot ever.

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Blade Runner
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 02:57:46 AM »
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/bladerunnerfinalfilm.html

And these are only some of the changes. I wanna see this on the big screen badly but I don't think it's gonna play in a cinema anywhere near me.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

Aaron

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 02:17:25 PM »
I saw it at the Cinerama in Seattle and while it was great to see up on the big screen (especially in scope)
it was not any great change in the actual film.  Sure, they cleaned it up a bit, but overall it is the same film that I loved.

Really want to see the doc on the DVD about the making and all the extras (including cut scenes).  I would have paid to watched them in the theaters.  Also would have really loved to have them remaster a 70mm print.

ElectricOtter

• Elite Member
  • I masticate in public.
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 01:30:11 PM »
I just saw it at the Landmark in LA which is about as good a theatre as you can see. Any of the things they changed I didnt notice. It was just so sharp and beautiful.

Which shot from which version?
But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun, count every beautiful thing we can see...

www.myspace.com/fightingpickletog
www.boothfilmcritics.org
http://dmbmovieboi.dvdaf.com/owned

andyg

• My Site
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 11:35:12 PM »

Which shot from which version?

The directors cut. Theres this little flurry of activity as they get in the elevator and then the door closes - The End. Awesome!

ElectricOtter

• Elite Member
  • I masticate in public.
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 10:03:23 AM »
Yeah, it's pretty fantastic. That whole last scene is fantastic. That whole movie is fantastic.
But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun, count every beautiful thing we can see...

www.myspace.com/fightingpickletog
www.boothfilmcritics.org
http://dmbmovieboi.dvdaf.com/owned

andyg

• My Site
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 11:35:52 AM »
And my other favourite memorable ending involves a closing door -  in The Godfather when Diane Keaton looks in on Al Pacino and the door closes, seperating them. Brilliant! All films should end with closing doors.

Kid A

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 06:42:06 PM »
This arrives at a theater near me on Friday.  I've never had a chance to see Blade Runner on anything bigger than my TV, so I can't wait!

Spectre8

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 04:44:51 AM »
I had a chance to see it at it's Melbourne (Aus) premiere last night, and it was simply brilliant.

Not a lot of new, or extra content, but enough to notice for me.  Little things like some of the slightly longer scenes, and a little more brutality thrown in for good measure.  They've done a truly superb job at the remaster.  It looks better than I had thought possible.  Very happy with the results.

Packed crowd felt great too.  It was awesome to be a part of this excellent films history.

Kid A

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 10:22:56 PM »
I just got back.  Despite a projector breakdown when Leon attacks Deckard, it was one of the best experiences I've ever had in a theater.

love