Author Topic: Movie Buzz (2007-2010)  (Read 680465 times)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
Re: Movie Buzz
« Reply #1300 on: December 05, 2008, 12:49:19 PM »
This probably sounds sad, but I do intend to go see it one last time in IMAX. It's just so good in that format and once it's completely out of theatres there will be no way to see it like that again.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1301 on: December 06, 2008, 11:32:30 AM »
Dark Knight IMAX re-release will be start Jan 23rd.

Hmm. This might be an early hint that the movie is indeed going to earn some Oscar nominations.

Or could it be simply back by popular demand.

Nah the nominations come out on the 22nd. Ive read that its definitely for the push past 1 billion.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1302 on: December 06, 2008, 09:12:21 PM »
This probably sounds sad, but I do intend to go see it one last time in IMAX. It's just so good in that format and once it's completely out of theatres there will be no way to see it like that again.

Considering it is a cultural phenomenon and hands down the best film ever crafted it will likely get a run every five years as iMax theaters become more and more plentiful, just so people don't forget how great TDK is in film history... ::)

I'd probably have tried to see it in iMax properly, damn Franklin Institute and that dome screen, if it started a few weeks earlier though, but I'm pretty sure the 23rd is the first day of Spring Semester.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #1303 on: December 06, 2008, 09:23:19 PM »
I've heard that on the DVD you'll have the option to watch the IMAX scenes in its 1.44:1 aspect ration. It seems to me that unless you're the owner of a massive television set, there is absolutely no point to this feature.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1304 on: December 07, 2008, 09:26:08 AM »
I've heard that on the DVD you'll have the option to watch the IMAX scenes in its 1.44:1 aspect ration. It seems to me that unless you're the owner of a massive television set, there is absolutely no point to this feature.

Isn't there also a feature where you can record your own video commentary to send to your friends as well? I'm pretty sure I saw that on commercials. It's a pretty odd feature to include.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #1305 on: December 07, 2008, 09:44:59 AM »

Isn't there also a feature where you can record your own video commentary to send to your friends as well? I'm pretty sure I saw that on commercials. It's a pretty odd feature to include.

Yes. It's Warner Bros ingenious attempt at making "The Dark Knight" a cultural staple amongst the youngsters for months to come... which, by my calculations, each Joker costume witnessed on Halloween equates to weeks of 'TDK'-obsession.

As an aside, I watched this film last night on my neighbor's HD-projector... and, sadly, it lost it's splendor upon second viewing. I was really irked by the plot contrivances, (i.e. both Batman and Joker being in the right place at the right time... the editing was very frenetic). Now, I know.. this is a comic book film. Batman appears from the shadows, that's his style... and Joker's brilliance equates his madness. However, this Gotham universe is so very realistic.. it almost didn't mesh for me. Also, I'm a firm believer that the film should have ended before the forced character arc of Harvey Dent. With that said, it still stands alone as a fantastic action film.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 05:56:06 PM by Solid Blake »

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1306 on: December 07, 2008, 05:11:12 PM »
Rourke on Sin City 2:

"No, I'm not interested in that right now. That's not a reality right now. It's pissing in the wind," Rourke admitted. "There's different factions going different directions there. I don't know. That's three hours of make up and I'm claustrophobic, so I'm going to have to work something out."

Heh. He's more interested in making good movies now, it seems.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #1307 on: December 07, 2008, 05:31:02 PM »
So is The Wrestler pretty much just an adaptation of the Jake the Snake segments of Beyond the Mat?

edit: Google sez I'm not the first person to suggest this link.

pixote
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 05:32:43 PM by pixote »
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Kevin Shields

• Godfather
  • CINECAST! You FLY, Clovis, & FroHam
    • thevoid99's Epinions Profile
« Reply #1308 on: December 07, 2008, 09:31:23 PM »
Rourke on Sin City 2:

"No, I'm not interested in that right now. That's not a reality right now. It's pissing in the wind," Rourke admitted. "There's different factions going different directions there. I don't know. That's three hours of make up and I'm claustrophobic, so I'm going to have to work something out."

Heh. He's more interested in making good movies now, it seems.

I hope he gets better work.  I finally saw the trailer for The Wrestler and... I choked up badly because he was so good.  I can't see anyone else play Marv from Sin City.  He was the best thing in that movie.  I could watch him play Marv all day but I can understand if he wants to move on something more prestigious and respectable. 

So is The Wrestler pretty much just an adaptation of the Jake the Snake segments of Beyond the Mat?

edit: Google sez I'm not the first person to suggest this link.

pixote

Not really.  It's the reality that happens with a lot of wrestlers who would have their hey-day in the 80s and then just fade away in the 90s for new stars and such.  Jake "The Snake" Roberts is one example as he's still falling on hard times.
"I want to be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1309 on: December 07, 2008, 09:53:29 PM »
Not really.  It's the reality that happens with a lot of wrestlers who would have their hey-day in the 80s and then just fade away in the 90s for new stars and such.  Jake "The Snake" Roberts is one example as he's still falling on hard times.

He's dead.
Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

love