love

Author Topic: Movie Buzz (2007-2010)  (Read 680421 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Movie Buzz
« Reply #3500 on: November 25, 2009, 05:55:16 PM »
Before Sunrise/Sunset part III: Oh film gods, let it happen!
Ehh, I'd see it but where can they take it?

Maybe they will end up being married for 5 years and then hate each other...actually, that would be an awesome film.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #3501 on: November 25, 2009, 07:51:16 PM »
I saw a tree today and got overly excited to see Tree of Life. When is this going to come out!?! I need to see it now! Easily the most anticipated film of my life.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Kevin Shields

• Godfather
  • CINECAST! You FLY, Clovis, & FroHam
    • thevoid99's Epinions Profile
« Reply #3502 on: November 25, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »
I saw a tree today and got overly excited to see Tree of Life. When is this going to come out!?! I need to see it now! Easily the most anticipated film of my life.

Well, I heard it might premiere at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival.
"I want to be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #3503 on: November 25, 2009, 08:36:18 PM »
Agreed, probably the only film I will ever anticipate.

sdedalus

• Objectively Awesome
  • I have a prestigious blog, sir!
    • The End of Cinema
« Reply #3504 on: November 26, 2009, 01:03:45 PM »
WONG KAR-WAI'S 一代宗师 (THE GREAT MASTER) STARTS SHOOTING!

You know the word deadline and Wong Kar-Wai weren't meant to be put in the same sentence, but it's good to know that the wheels are finally in motion. As it's been widely announced before, we're dealing with another story about the legendary Wing Chun pioneer played by Donnie Yen in 葉問 (Ip Man), but with Wong at the helm you know things will be a little different.

一代宗师 (The Great Master) brings back Wong regular Tony Leung, who will be paired with Zhang Ziyi and veteran Zhao Benshan (who recently suffered a cerebral aneurysm, but is seemingly fine now). Reports are circulating that Wong and his stars Leung, Zhang and Zhang Zhen were in Kaiping (Guangdong Province) for the usual pre-shoot ceremony, and that the film will shoot there from December 12 to April 18. No other information at the moment, other than rumors indicating that Brigitte Lin will make her long awaited comeback with this film, but as Wong's final casting list has been changing ever since, it's still not 100% sure.
The End of Cinema

Seattle Screen Scene

"He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people?"

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #3505 on: November 26, 2009, 03:12:03 PM »
Like Miyazaki, I'm always just happy there's a new WKW going into production.  You expect Woody Allen, Spike Lee, but with WKW you fear he'll never get the financing.

Kevin Shields

• Godfather
  • CINECAST! You FLY, Clovis, & FroHam
    • thevoid99's Epinions Profile
« Reply #3506 on: November 26, 2009, 05:47:42 PM »
WONG KAR-WAI'S 一代宗师 (THE GREAT MASTER) STARTS SHOOTING!

You know the word deadline and Wong Kar-Wai weren't meant to be put in the same sentence, but it's good to know that the wheels are finally in motion. As it's been widely announced before, we're dealing with another story about the legendary Wing Chun pioneer played by Donnie Yen in 葉問 (Ip Man), but with Wong at the helm you know things will be a little different.

一代宗师 (The Great Master) brings back Wong regular Tony Leung, who will be paired with Zhang Ziyi and veteran Zhao Benshan (who recently suffered a cerebral aneurysm, but is seemingly fine now). Reports are circulating that Wong and his stars Leung, Zhang and Zhang Zhen were in Kaiping (Guangdong Province) for the usual pre-shoot ceremony, and that the film will shoot there from December 12 to April 18. No other information at the moment, other than rumors indicating that Brigitte Lin will make her long awaited comeback with this film, but as Wong's final casting list has been changing ever since, it's still not 100% sure.

Oh!  I heard it was originally called The Grand Master.  I will definitely anticipate this film greatly!!!!!
"I want to be bored"-Maggie Gyllenhaal

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #3507 on: November 30, 2009, 02:46:11 PM »

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #3508 on: November 30, 2009, 11:02:33 PM »
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3509 on: December 01, 2009, 12:50:10 AM »
My buddy Travis got mentioned in Joblo!  He hinted at this a few months ago over dinner.  Great to see its actually happening!

http://www.joblo.com/black-hole-remake
Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007