love

Author Topic: Movie Buzz (2007-2010)  (Read 680504 times)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
Re: Movie Buzz
« Reply #3810 on: January 19, 2010, 10:20:37 PM »
It would be really interesting to see a really character driven Spiderman with minimal action/set pieces. Sort of Batman Begins rather than TDK. Perhaps that is the direction they are going.

I think both of those movies had huge set pieces and great character driven stories. If Sony can approad Spider-Man from that sort of angle it would be amazing. A solid focus on building character and building a strong narrative that stretched three films with badass setpieces to seal the deal.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #3811 on: January 19, 2010, 10:20:58 PM »
Ya I should get back to the Reelist but it seem like nobody has been writing for it.
Hey, it's me! Mr. Nobody!

Don't worry I get that a lot. I show up at places and hang around for an hour and people are like "I didn't know you were here." Yep, that's me. Mr. Nobody, standing in the corner pretending to be a plastic tree.

How could you ever stand the artificiality of a plastic tree?
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #3812 on: January 19, 2010, 11:26:31 PM »
Joseph Gordon-Levitt might be my favourite working actor. He is so awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWourUOmHlQ&feature=player_embedded#

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #3813 on: January 19, 2010, 11:31:05 PM »
It would be really interesting to see a really character driven Spiderman with minimal action/set pieces. Sort of Batman Begins rather than TDK. Perhaps that is the direction they are going.

I think both of those movies had huge set pieces and great character driven stories. If Sony can approad Spider-Man from that sort of angle it would be amazing. A solid focus on building character and building a strong narrative that stretched three films with badass setpieces to seal the deal.

And new villains. 

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #3814 on: January 19, 2010, 11:39:52 PM »
There's only one way to make a great Spider Man film. Get a good writer/director, give it a hard R, make it at least 3 hours, and have Carnage and Mysterio be the villains. However, that won't make money, so they will continue to make good to bad to decent films with the franchise probably.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #3815 on: January 19, 2010, 11:41:45 PM »
There is no reason Spidey needs an R rating. No reason at all. You're talking out of your ass FLY. Amazing accomplishment, but not a nice sight to see.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #3816 on: January 19, 2010, 11:49:32 PM »
Yeah, and there's no reason it needs a PG 13 rating, or a PG rating, or a G rating, or an NC-17 rating. Financially, sure, but if these types of films are to be taken seriously they should get R ratings, otherwise they will continue to be comic book films and carry all the connotations that such a label brings. Just like with Batman, if they want to integrate the best villains while still remaining faithful to the source material, much of which is pretty great, the R rating allows that, but it isolates audiences. They want to make a great film, they would benefit most from an R rating. They want to make a film that can be good, maybe, and make a good deal of money, then I guess go PG-13 until the franchise wanders into mediocrity.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #3817 on: January 19, 2010, 11:50:09 PM »
Nobody jumped to JoGoLev as Spidey? I guess he's got GI Joe, but let's hope that doesn't get a sequel any time soon.

Now Spidey's dance sequences will have animated birds and full on Broadway choreography!
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #3818 on: January 19, 2010, 11:52:48 PM »
Yeah, and there's no reason it needs a PG 13 rating, or a PG rating, or a G rating, or an NC-17 rating. Financially, sure, but if these types of films are to be taken seriously they should get R ratings, otherwise they will continue to be comic book films and carry all the connotations that such a label brings. Just like with Batman, if they want to integrate the best villains while still remaining faithful to the source material, much of which is pretty great, the R rating allows that, but it isolates audiences. They want to make a great film, they would benefit most from an R rating. They want to make a film that can be good, maybe, and make a good deal of money, then I guess go PG-13 until the franchise wanders into mediocrity.

The comics don't have anything that goes beyond a PG-13, why should the movie?

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
« Reply #3819 on: January 20, 2010, 12:15:50 AM »
I will not applaud Amy Pascal.
A$AP Fables