Author Topic: Movie Buzz (2007-2010)  (Read 358932 times)

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
Re: Movie Buzz
« Reply #3800 on: January 19, 2010, 10:16:41 PM »
I also like that they are thinking in terms of a trilogy from the jump and signing the actors that way.  No "will he or won't he return?" drama between each movies.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #3801 on: January 19, 2010, 10:16:56 PM »
It would be really interesting to see a really character driven Spiderman with minimal action/set pieces. Sort of Batman Begins rather than TDK. Perhaps that is the direction they are going.

Corndog

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #3802 on: January 19, 2010, 10:17:32 PM »
I'm trying to write an entry for the Flip Side of the Frame column I suggested a couple months ago.

I'm intrigued, tell me more.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #3803 on: January 19, 2010, 10:18:39 PM »
Ya I should get back to the Reelist but it seem like nobody has been writing for it.
Hey, it's me! Mr. Nobody!

Don't worry I get that a lot. I show up at places and hang around for an hour and people are like "I didn't know you were here." Yep, that's me. Mr. Nobody, standing in the corner pretending to be a plastic tree.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #3804 on: January 19, 2010, 10:20:37 PM »
It would be really interesting to see a really character driven Spiderman with minimal action/set pieces. Sort of Batman Begins rather than TDK. Perhaps that is the direction they are going.

I think both of those movies had huge set pieces and great character driven stories. If Sony can approad Spider-Man from that sort of angle it would be amazing. A solid focus on building character and building a strong narrative that stretched three films with badass setpieces to seal the deal.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #3805 on: January 19, 2010, 10:20:58 PM »
Ya I should get back to the Reelist but it seem like nobody has been writing for it.
Hey, it's me! Mr. Nobody!

Don't worry I get that a lot. I show up at places and hang around for an hour and people are like "I didn't know you were here." Yep, that's me. Mr. Nobody, standing in the corner pretending to be a plastic tree.

How could you ever stand the artificiality of a plastic tree?
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #3806 on: January 19, 2010, 11:26:31 PM »
Joseph Gordon-Levitt might be my favourite working actor. He is so awesome.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #3807 on: January 19, 2010, 11:31:05 PM »

I think both of those movies had huge set pieces and great character driven stories. If Sony can approad Spider-Man from that sort of angle it would be amazing. A solid focus on building character and building a strong narrative that stretched three films with badass setpieces to seal the deal.

And new villains. 

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #3808 on: January 19, 2010, 11:39:52 PM »
There's only one way to make a great Spider Man film. Get a good writer/director, give it a hard R, make it at least 3 hours, and have Carnage and Mysterio be the villains. However, that won't make money, so they will continue to make good to bad to decent films with the franchise probably.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #3809 on: January 19, 2010, 11:41:45 PM »
There is no reason Spidey needs an R rating. No reason at all. You're talking out of your ass FLY. Amazing accomplishment, but not a nice sight to see.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad