Author Topic: Movie Buzz (2007-2010)  (Read 680476 times)

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
Re: Movie Buzz
« Reply #4030 on: February 19, 2010, 03:56:15 PM »
inevitable Avatar dvd/blu triple-dip.

Update: Cameron Talks Avatar Blu-ray/DVD Releases and Sequel Source:The Wall Street Journal February 19, 2010

UPDATE: Fox contacted us today saying that "Avatar" is not scheduled to be released on 3D Blu-ray in November. "3D is in the conceptual stage and 'Avatar' will not be out on 3D Blu-ray in November," the studio said. We'll let you know when they do expect it to be released in 3D.

James Cameron told The Wall Street Journal today that Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release the Blu-ray and "standard def" DVD for Avatar on Thursday, April 22, which is Earth Day.

"That's our plan as of right now, and that'll be pretty much bare bones," he said. "And then we'll do a value-added DVD and a 3-D Blu-ray in I think November sometime."

Cameron added that he hopes to do an Avatar sequel, but he wants to do it "cheaper and faster." He said the sequel will be "a continuation of the same characters. We're going to widen the universe in quotes, meaning the envelope of the setting of the story."

Cameron has previously said that they "have some story ideas for how to branch out into other moons of Polyphemus and the Alpha Centauri A solar system." Polyphemus, which is the primary for a system of moons, is the planet you see in Pandora's sky.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #4031 on: February 19, 2010, 03:58:34 PM »
Hope they re-release it in theaters at some point throughout the year because I'd like to see it in IMAX 3-D.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #4033 on: February 22, 2010, 02:10:46 PM »
Hah, that's cool.

joker

• Elite Member
  • CINECAST! off
« Reply #4034 on: February 22, 2010, 02:29:24 PM »
Hollywood has never been original, no matter how much people wish it so.

film in general haven't been creative in a long time... what is it, like 6 stories that are completely original... everything else is a rip-off...
"This movie made me laugh so hard, I had mild headaches. So I went to the doctor to get checked out, I'm currently awaiting results"
-Gene Siskel

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #4037 on: February 22, 2010, 06:07:40 PM »
Space Battleship Yamato, the live action movie!
OH MY HOLY HELL. I THINK I JUST CREAMED MY JEANS.

Star Blazers was sooooo cool. I am creaming with you alex.
Hey, nice marmot!

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #4038 on: February 22, 2010, 06:11:21 PM »
Vin Diesel just seems like an interesting person.  He's cut out to be an action movie star and he does just fine with that but he keeps trying different stuff.  I like him.
I wish he'd complete the Riddick trilogy. I'm one of the few people in the world that loved The Riddick Chronicles.

I tried to dislike it but Christy is a fan and the Riddick films have grown on me - this includes the animated episode as well.
Hey, nice marmot!

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #4039 on: February 22, 2010, 10:50:48 PM »
MTV talked to Cop Out star Bruce Willis over the weekend and asked him about some possible sequels that might be in his future.

Willis told them, "I think we're going to do a 'Die Hard 5' next year."

The fourth film was directed by Len Wiseman and earned $383.5 million in theaters worldwide in 2007. It was made for about $110 million.

So where does he see John McClane going this time? "It's got to go worldwide. That would be my contribution to it," he said, adding that he would like to see Wiseman return to the director's chair.

Willis also told the network that M. Night Shyamalan is still thinking about doing an Unbreakable 2. "I talked to [Shyamalan] over the holidays, and he is still thinking about doing the fight movie between me and Sam that we were gonna do," he said. "We chose to do the origin."

He says he's up for it as long as Samuel L. Jackson is.
Oh Bruce.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/