Author Topic: What's for Dinner... and did you make enough for me  (Read 209638 times)

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
Re: What's for Dinner... and did you make enough for me
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2008, 07:46:49 PM »
Crab cakes and a field greens salad with a champagne vinegar dressing, all homemade.  And a nice Sauvignon Blanc.

When you have the time, will you put your crab cake recipe (method) in the Recipe Box please?  And which SB? 

I posted over in the Recipe Box, and the SB I am drinking is Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough (2004) from New Zealand.
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2008, 08:00:06 PM »
the SB I am drinking is Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough (2004) from New Zealand

Of course!  That's why it's so good, NZ SB.  We have terrific SB's in Western Australia too, sourced from Margaret River region, south of Perth.  However, most of the wineries are boutique and we don't see the labels in the US.

Value for money:  Try Jacob's Creek Semillon Sauvignon Blanc from Barossa Valley South Australia.  You can get it easily in the US and it is priced lower than we get it here.  Last I heard, it was still under US$5 per bottle...a very good drop.
Texan Down Under

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2008, 08:03:10 PM »
the SB I am drinking is Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough (2004) from New Zealand

Of course!  That's why it's so good, NZ SB.  We have terrific SB's in Western Australia too, sourced from Margaret River region, south of Perth.  However, most of the wineries are boutique and we don't see the labels in the US.

Value for money:  Try Jacob's Creek Semillon Sauvignon Blanc from Barossa Valley South Australia.  You can get it easily in the US and it is priced lower than we get it here.  Last I heard, it was still under US$5 per bottle...a very good drop.

Yeah, Jacob's Creek is always good, especially for the value.  I had a really good Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon the other day from Stonehaven, found it for $5.99 US.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2008, 08:07:23 PM »

Yeah, Jacob's Creek is always good, especially for the value.  I had a really good Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon the other day from Stonehaven, found it for $5.99 US.

Extremely hard to beat the South Australian reds, especially if you like the fruit-forward style.  The pricing story is interesting.  Because of NAFTA, Aussie wines are sold to the US through Canadian companies (fronts) thus avoiding tariffs which had killed Australian wine pricing in the US in the past.
Texan Down Under

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2008, 05:22:32 PM »
Waffles!
A$AP Fables

chesterfilms

• Godfather
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2008, 08:57:11 PM »
going out to my local neighborhood mexican joint. it's actually the place where Sharon Tate and her friends ate the night there were killed. not to be a downer, but yummy food + Hollywood history = fun night?
What? What are you talking about? It's girls and spaghetti. We love girls and spaghetti.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2008, 09:00:23 PM »
going out to my local neighborhood mexican joint. it's actually the place where Sharon Tate and her friends ate the night there were killed. not to be a downer, but yummy food + Hollywood history = fun night?

Is that where you saw Robert Osborne?

chesterfilms

• Godfather
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2008, 10:10:42 PM »

Is that where you saw Robert Osborne?

yes it is!
What? What are you talking about? It's girls and spaghetti. We love girls and spaghetti.

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2008, 10:30:31 PM »
I went to a little restaurant in my little town that I had never been to before. I ordered a BLT and french fries shaped like potato chips. The BLT was not very good, and the french fries were unsalted. My guests had persuaded me to order the fries, which came in a soup bowl as if ketchup was meant to be poured over them. Instead, I dumped the fries on my plate, poured salt in the bowl, then dipped each fry in my water before dunking it in the salt, rolling it around, then eating it. They were very good this way.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 09:40:26 AM by Basil »
A$AP Fables

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2008, 02:54:47 AM »
I'm intrigued by these "guests" of yours and their powers of persuasion.  Are you being recruited by a cult?

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

love