Author Topic: "The Box" vs. "The Fourth Kind" vs. "Paranormal Activity"  (Read 1380 times)

Tom Kessler

• She Is Risen:  Official website for "Baby Girl", "Taboo", "She Is Risen" and all of my other nonsense.
"The Box" vs. "The Fourth Kind" vs. "Paranormal Activity"
« on: November 09, 2009, 09:35:56 AM »
I'm sort of assuming that enough folks have seen all three of these films to talk about them.  Two of them, THE BOX and THE FOURTH KIND are remarkably similar in ways that can't really be discussed without getting into some rather thorough spoilers.  But if we're going to talk about THE FOURTH KIND, I figured it might be idea to bring in the other current movie that it bears a superficial resemblance to.

I'll get into this in a bit more detail shortly, but I wanted to make sure that enough Filmspotting readers/listeners have at least seen THE BOX and/or THE FOURTH KIND.  

And if not, perhaps we can at least debate how it is that Richard Kelly seems to keep falling into the same creative portal.   ;)

Eveonder-Maelstrom

Re: "The Box" vs. "The Fourth Kind" vs. "Paranormal Activity"
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 07:40:10 PM »
The box is just like The Body Snatchers, crossed Close Encounters of the Third Kind! Mr Steward is like a Bond villian with Xmen mutant abillities, as if dealing with the ciggerate man in the X-files. (just wrote a review on the Box just then, if you want to check it out) but i believe Paranormal Activity beats the lot, it reminded me of watching, "Blair Witch Project" but a whole lot better. I think Paranormal Activity is based on a true story.
When a group of people stayed in a so called, "Haunted House" for a night, and at a certain time 4 people witnessed one of their comrades being pushed up a wall by an invisible force. Afterwards they were condemmed to a mental aslylum, even though they don't have any past mental record.