Author Topic: What are your weird geeky film habits?  (Read 83 times)

joshuaadavidd

• No hay banda! It's all a tape.
    • My Letterboxd Profile
What are your weird geeky film habits?
« on: January 27, 2020, 08:11:37 PM »
I imagine there are a good number of us here that have weird geeky film habits, even relative to general film geekdom. Mine (or at least, the one I'm doing today) is looking up favorite Oscar acceptance speeches. I don't have a particular love for the Academy, but I do enjoy seeing others' joy when they are really excited to get an Oscar.

Today I found an underrated one: James Coburn, for Affliction in 1998. I've always been fond of Coburn, who I find extremely charming and charismatic. But I feel like he's an actor that's sadly being forgotten. Seeing his joy on full display makes me feel good to watch, which is why I do it.

So, does anybody else have a weird hobby like this?

etdoesgood

Re: What are your weird geeky film habits?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 12:59:19 AM »
I think I'm still cultivating my geeky habits. One thing I like to look at are the minimalist movie wall canvases by Chungkong at iCanvas. I was choosing three for my "Room where I watch/play/listen to things, definitely NOT a man cave", and I had to lower it from like 30 to 20 to 10 until I got to three (The Neverending Story, Roma, and Moonrise Kingdom). I still go back and browse them, I always find another one that pops up at me. I like looking at movie posters in general, too. If I had the money and the will toward a hobby, probably not even a really satisfying one, I might start a movie poster collection. Probably not, though. It's just fun to look at them online. We should add Best Movie Poster to Filmspots, imo.

And that Coburn video really is special. I can definitely see how that kind of stuff can be habit-forming. Mine is quite vacuous in comparison!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 01:03:55 AM by etdoesgood »
A desert person

Letterboxd: phxphilmphan

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: What are your weird geeky film habits?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 04:50:36 PM »
We should add Best Movie Poster to Filmspots, imo.

Dude, quality idea.