Author Topic: In Memoriam  (Read 211512 times)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
Re: In Memoriam
« Reply #320 on: June 25, 2009, 07:15:01 PM »
All the reports are tip toeing around him being a pedophile. It is a disgrace. Yes he was really really famous and he made some great music but once you are a pedophile that lone fact should now define your entire life. You have lost the right to be admired in any way. 

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #321 on: June 25, 2009, 07:25:05 PM »
not saying yr wrong but he was acquitted at trial.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #322 on: June 25, 2009, 07:26:28 PM »

He paid up in civil court though, too me that is the same thing. Its like saying OJ was innocent.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #323 on: June 25, 2009, 07:29:58 PM »

He paid up in civil court though, too me that is the same thing. Its like saying OJ was innocent.

yr thinking of OJ, jacko didn't have a civil court suit brought against him.  he settled the 93 allegations out of court.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #324 on: June 25, 2009, 07:31:33 PM »

Yeah, but everyone knows about all the ugly stuff, no reason that it all needs to be dragged out again now.  Doesn't change what I think about him as a performer or make me like his music any less.

Although I'm not gonna lie, there have been a few tasteless jokes on Twitter that have made me chuckle.

ScottAukerman - Hmm.. I lost a follower after those jokes. Oh wait - turns out they only deactivated Michael Jackson's Twitter account.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 07:33:18 PM by jbissell »

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #325 on: June 25, 2009, 07:32:59 PM »

yr thinking of OJ, jacko didn't have a civil court suit brought against him.  he settled the 93 allegations out of court.

I know, but settling=guilt no? Even though you hear that nonsense about settling while admitting no guilt. I know if I was accused of the worst crime imaginable I would not settle if I was not guilty.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #326 on: June 25, 2009, 07:34:53 PM »

Yeah, but everyone knows about all the ugly stuff, no reason that it all needs to be dragged out again now.  Doesn't change what I think about him as a performer or make me like his music any less.

Although I'm not gonna lie, there have been a few tasteless jokes on Twitter that have made me chuckle.

ScottAukerman - Hmm.. I lost a follower after those jokes. Oh wait - turns out they only deactivated Michael Jackson's Twitter account.

No. It is more important now than ever to point out that he was a bad person. Otherwise, you are saying that its ok to be a pedophile as long as you are really good at something we all enjoy.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #327 on: June 25, 2009, 07:36:23 PM »

I know, but settling=guilt no? Even though you hear that nonsense about settling while admitting no guilt. I know if I was accused of the worst crime imaginable I would not settle if I was not guilty.

have you seen Capturing the Friedmans?

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #328 on: June 25, 2009, 07:37:53 PM »

have you seen Capturing the Friedmans?

no.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #329 on: June 25, 2009, 07:41:23 PM »

No. It is more important now than ever to point out that he was a bad person. Otherwise, you are saying that its ok to be a pedophile as long as you are really good at something we all enjoy.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be totally swept under the rug, but it's certainly a topic that has been a big deal for more than 10 years now so it's not like it hasn't been talked about to death.  No one is saying it's ok to be a pedophile (allegedly).