Author Topic: What is the wierdest movie you have ever seen?  (Read 20454 times)

smarcus_aurelius

What is the wierdest movie you have ever seen?
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2006, 06:54:59 AM »
Fantasy Mission Force

http://indie.imdb.com/title/tt0079509/

This movie is filled with bizarre anachronisms (I won't spoil them for you, it's part of the fun) and a young Jackie Chan.

BrandyLuck

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2006, 09:05:20 AM »
Quote from: "Iko"
Weird?

I'd say the weirdest movies I've seen have been created by Peter Greenway.  

I'm a huge Greenaway fan. I got hooked when my college showed "Drowning By Numbers" back around 1993. When describing it I'd excited say, "It's a basically an epilogue about counting to 100, then 3 acts where 3 Cissie Colpits drown their husbands, and an epilogue. Meanwhile, Greenaway sneaks the numbers 1 through 100 in it in order, as a game in a movie about games. "

And then the listener would blink at me blankly. :?:

I went to an out-of-town screening of DBN and watched an audience get totally alienated by it. I seriously forget that Greenaway is "weird" to a whole lot of folks.

For anyone who up for trying PG, I recommend A Zed and Two Noughts and Draughtsman's Contract, and of course, Drowning By Numbers.

Andr4s

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2006, 10:03:25 PM »
For me, it's Eraserhead. Now THAT'S weird.

jonesybot

• http://www.girlbot3000.blogspot.com
don't even remind me
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2006, 10:59:42 PM »
Quote from: "Andr4s"
For me, it's Eraserhead. Now THAT'S weird.

Eraserhead drew a line in the sand between Mr. Lynch and I; never again will I be subjected that kind of cinetorture.

sdedalus

• Objectively Awesome
  • I have a prestigious blog, sir!
    • The End of Cinema
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2006, 03:19:23 PM »
I watched Princess Raccoon last night.  Zhang Ziyi stars in this fantasy/musical as the eponymous princess who falls in love with a human, Prince Amechiyo, who is on the run from his father who wants to kill him because a witch tells him that Amechiyo is going to surpass him as the most beautiful person in the world.  Colorfully directed by very old Japanese auteur Seijun Suzuki, who made very stylish gangster movies in the 60s (Tokyo Drifter, Youth Of the Beast, Branded To Kill, etc).  It was great.  A lot of fun, but definitely very weird.
The End of Cinema

Seattle Screen Scene

"He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people?"

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2006, 03:39:06 PM »
Ratboy.  Yup, I actually have a VHS copy on my shelf.  Its a movie about a young boy who is also a rat.
Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

kennjallen

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2006, 04:23:31 AM »
Quote from: "CSSCHNEIDER"
Ratboy.  Yup, I actually have a VHS copy on my shelf.  Its a movie about a young boy who is also a rat.

i've actually seen "Ratboy"! the blurb on the VHS box made it sound much more intriguing than it turned out.

my choice for weirdest movie is "liquid sky". i'd like to quote a line from it, but this probably isn't an appropriate forum for that sort of language.

gateway

• Elite Member
  • Boom De Ah Da.
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2006, 11:35:35 PM »
Rocky Horror Picture Show and 2001 are up there, but these are the Filmspotting forums, I can't go with an obvious choice like those. I'd have to go with Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. It's widely known as one of the worst movies ever made, and I think may have been mentioned in the "So-bad-they're-good" listener Top 5 back a few months ago, but besides being completely awful it is also just weird. It's called "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" for Pete's sake.
"I hope someday to be rich enough to smoke giant cigars while cackling maniacally."
- Nathan Rabin (echoing my thoughts exactly)

dickslaker

Street Trash
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2006, 07:30:43 PM »
Has anyone here seen Street Trash?  It's been years since a friend brought it over to my house, but the plot's pretty easy to remember: bums drink this stuff called "Viper" and it turns them to goo.  Each one melts in a different, spectacular way.  And some dude gets his wang bitten off.

Vinz Klortho

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2006, 02:14:01 AM »
Eraserhead and Gozu for me, though there was another Japanese movie I watched a while back that was damn-near indescribable. All I can say I remember about it was that it had an inflatable woman.

love