Poll

What would you like to read next? (links to amazon.com descriptions below)

Out
7 (58.3%)
House of Leaves
5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: December 10, 2007, 10:26:33 AM

Author Topic: Filmspotter Book Club: Second Reading Selection Poll  (Read 8945 times)

VmSoze

• Elite Member
  • I am The Christmas Spirit! :)
Re: Filmspotter Book Club: Second Reading Selection Poll
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2007, 12:48:12 AM »
I wouldn't ask you guys to change your votes... I just wanted people who had voted for the other books to consider choosing one of the two most popular choices.  Out is ahead by 1 vote now.

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2007, 02:10:19 AM »
ahhh it all becomes clear!
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

winrit

• Elite Member
  • “Positively the same dame.”
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2007, 10:05:25 AM »
I was the tie breaker. Lise is the west coast version of me (except I have a foot injury that keeps me from being able to wear heels anymore, sorry Lise  :'(), so I thought I would go with whatever she picked.  :) .
"Kickboxing. Sport of the future."

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2007, 11:31:46 AM »
I went with Out - the other sounds good but I would need more time to work on it.
Hey, nice marmot!

VmSoze

• Elite Member
  • I am The Christmas Spirit! :)
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2007, 11:59:43 AM »
Alright, I know it's a close call, but I am officially closing the poll and declaring Out the winner!  I hope that all you House of Leaves people will read along and find yourselves pleasantly surprised.  I'll put up a new thread soon and we'll pick a date to start discussing your second book club entry, Out.

:)  Thanks to everyone who voted, I hope you all love the book, and I encourage you to get more people to join us.  We should have some great discussions on this book.

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2007, 04:14:55 PM »
I was the tie breaker. Lise is the west coast version of me (except I have a foot injury that keeps me from being able to wear heels anymore, sorry Lise  :'(), so I thought I would go with whatever she picked.  :) .

:) Thanks Angela! I would have read House of Leaves, but I'm not much of a fan of the genre and I thought it might be a bit much for me.

Oh and I had one of those foot injury things that kept me out of heels for a while. My shoes were very lonely. But now I'm back to only having one or two pairs that I can't really wear. Unfortunately one of the pairs is a favorite... so now I just wear it when I am going somewhere were sitting down is an option. (bcbg heals in a tanish brown velvet unfortunately with about a 3.5 inch heel)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 06:18:34 PM by lise »
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2007, 05:26:52 PM »

Oh and I had one of those foot injury things that kept me out of heels for a while. My shoes were very lonely. But now I'm back to only having one or two pairs that I can't really wear. Unfortunately one of the pairs is a favorite... so now I just wear it when I am going somewhere were sitting down is an option. (bgbg heals in a tanish brown velvet unfortunately with about a 3.5 inch heel)

Masochist! :)
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

love