Author Topic: Top 5 Christmas Movies  (Read 30226 times)

VmSoze

• Elite Member
  • I am The Christmas Spirit! :)
Re: Top 5 Christmas Movies
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 05:30:05 PM »
no no no no

you're right, I'm just messing with you... I'm just not a huge fan but I admit it's a classic, and a great movie, not in my Top 5 though.

I would have kept going with the pretend-hate, but I thought with Alex on the Godfather thread and this you're head might actually explode.

wombat

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 05:38:25 PM »
I have a feeling that many people's lists will overlap due to the relatively few quality Christmas movies as compared to the truckload of crap out there. As a result, I think we should acknowledge the Christmas dreck as well:

5. Jingle All the Way
4. The Holiday
3. Fred Clause
2. Surviving Christmas
1. Any Tim Allen "Santa Clause" movie

I'm planning on watching "Santa Clause Conquers the Martians" and "Santa Clause (1959)" this year, so the list is subject to change.

chesterfilms

• Godfather
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 05:39:53 PM »
no no no no

you're right, I'm just messing with you... I'm just not a huge fan but I admit it's a classic, and a great movie, not in my Top 5 though.

I would have kept going with the pretend-hate, but I thought with Alex on the Godfather thread and this you're head might actually explode.

haha

I love you and alex!
What? What are you talking about? It's girls and spaghetti. We love girls and spaghetti.

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 05:46:55 PM »
I love you and alex!
Thanks.  I appreciate that.  (To be read in the most sincere voice you can muster.  Think Morgan Freeman.  That's the voice I want you to read that in.)

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 05:47:46 PM »
5. A Christmas Story
4. It's a Wonderful Life
3. Love Actually
2. Muppet Christmas Carrol (or really any version of this movie from scrooged, to the classics)
1. White Christmas
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

chesterfilms

• Godfather
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 05:52:26 PM »
I love you and alex!
Thanks.  I appreciate that.  (To be read in the most sincere voice you can muster.  Think Morgan Freeman.  That's the voice I want you to read that in.)

I want you to read "I love you" in the tone that Vito speaks to Michael in....oh yeah....never mind  :)
What? What are you talking about? It's girls and spaghetti. We love girls and spaghetti.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 05:53:10 PM »
1. It's a Wonderful Life
2. A Christmas Story
3. White Christmas
4. Holiday Inn
5. Scrooge (1970 Albert Finney musical)

Honorable Mention: Elf, Love Actually, The Bishop's Wife, House Without a Christmas Tree, Scrooged

Animated

1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
2. Charlie Brown's Christmas
3. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
4. Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol
5. Twas the Night Before Christmas/Frosty the Snowman (tie)
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 08:06:25 PM »
I love you and alex!

Chester meant me, but it's cool. You can take credit for my awesomeness.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

chesterfilms

• Godfather
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2007, 08:10:09 PM »
I love you and alex!

Chester meant me, but it's cool. You can take credit for my awesomeness.

no, i meant alexarch. But I  DO Love You Junior!!!!

zander18

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 08:10:25 PM »
I really like christmas films, its them that puts you in a christmas spirit not as Facebook has it the blasted 'holidays is coming' advert cocacola wheel out every year. so here goes...

1) A chirstmas Carol
    2) Twas the night before christmas
    3) Either Home Alone films
    4) Santa Claus
    5) The Nightmare Before Christmas

Yeah, can i just defend my last choice, i know some of you young and hip guys will look at that and think i'm all emo cos i like this film, however its not only one of my first christmas film memories but also one of my first film memories, i think i was about 6...maybe. And yeah i've loved it even when hardly anyone else did. In fact me and my cousin used to think we were the only guys in our city that even knew about it until about a 2 years ago when it suddenly popped up.

Whether it is to do with Burton getting more popular in my age group (18) and consequently people look for films he did that they may know and instantly find one they sorta remember when they were 6 and talk about it like its their favourite film, or the whole group mentality thing i don't know. What i do know is that a part of me died when i realised it was as popular as it was, as i thought i was part of a small but loving group that had this thing to ourselves always asking each other 'why doesn't anybody else like this, why isn't it on TV more?' but secretly loving the fact that nobody knew.