Author Topic: meta  (Read 74771 times)

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
Re: meta
« Reply #700 on: June 20, 2015, 02:14:43 PM »
I always get a curious frisson of pleasure when I get back and find hardly anyone has posted all day. It has me thinking people are busy with family and friends doing spurious but satisfying nothings. Hope that's the case and everyone is having a delightful Saturday summer afternoon.
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • You're not alone No matter what or who you've been
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #701 on: June 20, 2015, 02:51:05 PM »
 :D

I wish! I've been doing yardwork, but now want to do satisfying nothings, which means resting here and reading for a bit.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #702 on: June 20, 2015, 02:52:30 PM »
It does seem to slow down here after the work week is over... :))

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #703 on: June 20, 2015, 03:07:06 PM »
I'd love to hear how you relax when you aren't cutting down trees and building log cabins. I can't conceive of a Winnipeg day of chillin. Lasso a moose? Ride it till it won't ride no more? No don't tell me it ll spoil the illusion.
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #704 on: June 20, 2015, 03:26:57 PM »
:D

I wish! I've been doing yardwork, but now want to do satisfying nothings, which means resting here and reading for a bit.
Sweet fripperies anyway.  8)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #705 on: June 20, 2015, 04:00:09 PM »
I'd love to hear how you relax when you aren't cutting down trees and building log cabins. I can't conceive of a Winnipeg day of chillin. Lasso a moose? Ride it till it won't ride no more? No don't tell me it ll spoil the illusion.

I did log 45km on my bike today, riding to get a haircut (saying goodbye to my barber), going to get some fruit&veg, stopping at the liquor store, and checking in on my condo (which I only own for another 7 days). And my bike IS brown like a moose. And our roads, even those designated as bike routes, leave something to be desired in terms of smoothness... a moose may be rather less jarring, all things considered. And they're great in the snow!

Now I'm just sitting on the shady patio at my friends place, watching the people go by and drinking a beer and eating cherries. That may or may not comprise the remaining hours of this particular saturday. :)

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • You're not alone No matter what or who you've been
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #706 on: June 20, 2015, 06:01:59 PM »

I did log 45km on my bike today, riding to get a haircut (saying goodbye to my barber), going to get some fruit&veg, stopping at the liquor store, and checking in on my condo (which I only own for another 7 days). And my bike IS brown like a moose. And our roads, even those designated as bike routes, leave something to be desired in terms of smoothness... a moose may be rather less jarring, all things considered. And they're great in the snow!

Now I'm just sitting on the shady patio at my friends place, watching the people go by and drinking a beer and eating cherries. That may or may not comprise the remaining hours of this particular saturday. :)

:)) @ both of you!

Sweet fripperies anyway.  8)

The fripperiest! :)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #707 on: June 21, 2015, 12:12:31 AM »
No time for posting Dr. Jones.

Also, on vacation.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100