Author Topic: meta  (Read 116426 times)

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
Re: meta
« Reply #710 on: June 20, 2015, 03:26:57 PM »
:D

I wish! I've been doing yardwork, but now want to do satisfying nothings, which means resting here and reading for a bit.
Sweet fripperies anyway.  8)
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #711 on: June 20, 2015, 04:00:09 PM »
I'd love to hear how you relax when you aren't cutting down trees and building log cabins. I can't conceive of a Winnipeg day of chillin. Lasso a moose? Ride it till it won't ride no more? No don't tell me it ll spoil the illusion.

I did log 45km on my bike today, riding to get a haircut (saying goodbye to my barber), going to get some fruit&veg, stopping at the liquor store, and checking in on my condo (which I only own for another 7 days). And my bike IS brown like a moose. And our roads, even those designated as bike routes, leave something to be desired in terms of smoothness... a moose may be rather less jarring, all things considered. And they're great in the snow!

Now I'm just sitting on the shady patio at my friends place, watching the people go by and drinking a beer and eating cherries. That may or may not comprise the remaining hours of this particular saturday. :)

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #712 on: June 20, 2015, 06:01:59 PM »
I'd love to hear how you relax when you aren't cutting down trees and building log cabins. I can't conceive of a Winnipeg day of chillin. Lasso a moose? Ride it till it won't ride no more? No don't tell me it ll spoil the illusion.

I did log 45km on my bike today, riding to get a haircut (saying goodbye to my barber), going to get some fruit&veg, stopping at the liquor store, and checking in on my condo (which I only own for another 7 days). And my bike IS brown like a moose. And our roads, even those designated as bike routes, leave something to be desired in terms of smoothness... a moose may be rather less jarring, all things considered. And they're great in the snow!

Now I'm just sitting on the shady patio at my friends place, watching the people go by and drinking a beer and eating cherries. That may or may not comprise the remaining hours of this particular saturday. :)

:)) @ both of you!

Sweet fripperies anyway.  8)

The fripperiest! :)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #713 on: June 21, 2015, 12:12:31 AM »
No time for posting Dr. Jones.

Also, on vacation.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #714 on: July 10, 2015, 05:03:33 PM »

What I picture when I see this...

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #715 on: March 22, 2016, 07:52:23 PM »

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #716 on: March 22, 2016, 08:30:19 PM »
I hate all words.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #717 on: March 22, 2016, 08:32:41 PM »
Artistic is a perfectly fine word, IMO.

Titular is a really dumb word, but often a very convenient one.

Bomb is interesting because it's basically completely voluntary slang. Why, Junior, why? ;D

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #718 on: March 22, 2016, 08:35:03 PM »
If I were to guess at the rest of that sentence, I'd say it would be about the kind of glee that people say the word with. Like they're reveling in the box office failure of a movie entirely separate from the actual artistic (ahem) quality of the film.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #719 on: March 22, 2016, 08:42:00 PM »
Huh, I was joking but that's actually a good point! Seems obvious now, but I never considered how the term is really only used to describe financial failure.