facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
Re: meta
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2008, 05:06:24 PM »
faceboy gets an E for Effort!

I had to try.
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2008, 05:24:58 PM »
He's ready to pounce if winrit doesn't act soon.

A$AP Fables

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2008, 05:26:03 PM »
He's ready to pounce if winrit doesn't act soon.

Basil, do you have feelings for me?

Basil

• Godfather
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2008, 05:28:49 PM »
Not just you! For everyone!  :D
A$AP Fables

Basil

• Godfather
« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2008, 07:34:55 PM »
I'm starting a new, daily feature of this great thread. It's called "Basil's Overlooked Filmspotter of the Day!!woot!!". Sometimes it will be someone who hasn't been here in ages; other times it will be someone who just doesn't post very often.

Here is today's pick:

fireantburial got his start December 12, 2006, and was last seen around here on December 12, 2006. He hails from Philadelphia, PA, and seems to have an obsession with either kosher, bacon, or lobster (all three?). His screen name is one of my personal favorites, and I like to think that there is some deeply personal and meaningful story behind it. Though his first and second of three posts related to a complaint about some oversights in poll questions, he bounced back by suggesting a marathon consisting of "Bond-Influenced" films, among them:

Austin Powers
Shaft
The Hunt for Red October
XXX
The Nude Bomb
Inspector Gadget

While a brilliant idea in theory, the only problem is that whoever would partake in the marathon would have to sit through XXX. Also, I like to think that almost everyone has seen those first three. Still, perhaps one day he will be honored properly with a variation on his idea.

Way to go fireantburial, you are the first "Basil's Overlooked Filmspott of the Day!!woot!!"!

A$AP Fables

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2008, 07:48:44 PM »
I'm starting a new, daily feature of this great thread. It's called "Basil's Overlooked Filmspotter of the Day!!woot!!". Sometimes it will be someone who hasn't been here in ages; other times it will be someone who just doesn't post very often.

Here is today's pick:

fireantburial got his start December 12, 2006, and was last seen around here on December 12, 2006. He hails from Philadelphia, PA, and seems to have an obsession with either kosher, bacon, or lobster (all three?). His screen name is one of my personal favorites, and I like to think that there is some deeply personal and meaningful story behind it. Though his first and second of three posts related to a complaint about some oversights in poll questions, he bounced back by suggesting a marathon consisting of "Bond-Influenced" films, among them:

Austin Powers
Shaft
The Hunt for Red October
XXX
The Nude Bomb
Inspector Gadget

While a brilliant idea in theory, the only problem is that whoever would partake in the marathon would have to sit through XXX. Also, I like to think that almost everyone has seen those first three. Still, perhaps one day he will be honored properly with a variation on his idea.

Way to go fireantburial, you are the first "Basil's Overlooked Filmspott of the Day!!woot!!"!

I hope that picture is actually him. I'll keep a lookout in case I run into him. I'll be fielding prepared inquiries.

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2008, 08:46:20 PM »
Hello there :)

I also love receiving pms from pixote. This filmspot season has been great :)

I love PMS wherever it is and whoever it is from.

Here is today's pick:

Austin Powers
Shaft
The Hunt for Red October
XXX
The Nude Bomb
Inspector Gadget

and this is a fab idea!
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2008, 09:57:47 PM »
and this is a fab idea!

Agree with skjerva! But, Basil, me dear, you have way too much time on your hands.  ;)

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2008, 10:07:10 PM »
The first post in this thread is very confusing.  Did you overwrite a screen grab with my avatar, skjerva?

Also, I declare "Basil's Overlooked Filmspott of the Day!!woot!!" to be the greatest thing since VmSoze returned.

What's that you say?  VmSoze hasn't returned?  Huh.  Then "Basil's Overlooked Filmspott of the Day!!woot!!" might be the greatest thing ever.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2008, 10:29:35 PM »
the greatest thing since VmSoze returned.

What's that you say?  VmSoze hasn't returned?  Huh. 

Stop it. You're depressing me.  :(