• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
Re: meta
« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2008, 01:01:42 PM »
WAIT A MINUTE!!!

You forgot to sign that post!

I actually signed it then went back and edited to delete the signature.  There it looked more like a caption to the image then a signature.  Also, I feel funny signing if there's no text at the end of the post, like in the movie still game or even the word association thread.

"Basil's Overlooked Filmspotter of the Day!!woot!!" remains completely awesome, by the way, three days running.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2008, 07:18:23 PM »

"Basil's Overlooked Filmspotter of the Day!!woot!!" remains completely awesome, by the way, three days running.

pixote

completely agree - woot!!
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2008, 01:01:13 PM »

Can't wait!

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

winrit

• Elite Member
  • “Positively the same dame.”
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2008, 01:22:56 PM »
I want to put a word in for TomtheDrunk, my favorite screen name.
"Kickboxing. Sport of the future."

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2008, 01:44:32 PM »
Three cheers for today's "Basil's Overlooked Filmspotter of the Day!!woot!!"

RSCDoug came onto the Filmspotter scene the 20th of February, 2008. He immediately displayed an impressive cinematic palate, a curiosity about all areas of the boards, and a genuine, personal aura. Above all, it was his affinity for ellipses that solidified my inclination that Doug would fit right in.

On just his second day here, Doug properly introduced himself and shared a link to his South Jersey-themed blog.  Further personal revelations illustrated his love of fishing, Filmspotting, and folk. What really makes Doug stand out, though, is his respect for Unbreakable, his willingness to spend 13 hours in a theater, and his enthusiasm for films of all genres. His favorite films of all time, shared in his 20th post, exemplifies this broad taste:

North by Northwest
Shawkshank
Truman Show
Big Lebowski
Shaun of the Dead

His presence on the forums was widely felt in his first few days of life, and his contributions to some under-appreciated threads (Beginners' Marathon #2: Vertigo, Re: Post a Pic of Yourself Here...Or Your Dog...Or Cat, and Six Degrees) are commendable. Having posted in almost every board in the forum by day 2, Doug racked up an impressive average of 12.5 posts per day. That said, he was last seen at 1:16 PM on February 22, 2008, so we can only hope that Doug may one day prove he can deliver on the promise he initially displayed.

-Basil
Additional reporting by pixote

A$AP Fables

Basil

• Godfather
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2008, 01:48:07 PM »

completely agree - woot!!

The feature is so young, and already so much pressure! Sorry, I'm afraid today's edition is rather uninspired.
A$AP Fables

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2008, 01:50:16 PM »
That said, he was last seen at 1:16 PM on February 22, 2008, so we can only hope that Doug may one day prove he can deliver on the promise he initially displayed.

Ahh, it's been ninety minutes!  I fear the worst!

pixote

Basil

• Godfather
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2008, 10:20:48 AM »
Today, a very special "Basil's Overlooked Filmspotter of the Day!!woot!!:

jabbakahut made his first appearance on the boards on May 25, 2007. His first post came that very same day, in which he expressed interest in participating in the Photography Competition.  However, no further mention of the competition came from jabbakahut, so one must imagine that he got distracted by the arrival of Skywalker, Leia, and Chewbacca. He didn't post again until October 2 of the same year, at which point he playfully commented on the original post in the Concern with Show thread (link purposefully absent).

jabbakahut has one of the most appropriate, seductive avatars on the boards, so it is my sincere hope that one day soon he might return to display his love for Star Wars, jabba, and lasagna. Of course, I'm referring to his patented Sam Van Hallgren nickname - "President Garfield Loves Lasagna", which was surprisingly suitable. Though jabba never formally introduced himself, he did display his age and location on his profile, which, sadly, is not in fact a galaxy far, far away.

A$AP Fables