Author Topic: I just need to smile  (Read 18102 times)

etdoesgood

• Elite Member
  • These are a few of my favorite things...
Re: I just need to smile
« Reply #350 on: March 25, 2020, 11:49:28 PM »
Talk about coming in under the wire. Interest has dried up since Coronavirus. This deal got signed just before shit really hit the fan (locally). They finalized it tonight. I was worried all week they'd back out. If this didn't go through, I suspect I would have been stuck sitting on this place for quite some time. It's such a relief. My project last year hit the market at such a lousy time (for various reason) and I more or less broke even on it. Fortunately, market conditions allowed me to pick this place up at a good price and in the end I've done well on it. I keep doing silent fist pumps around my apartment. I think more out of relief than happiness, but anyways, it feels good. :))

CINECAST! the coronavirus for real.
A desert person.

My Sight & Sound 100 Marathon

Simple Distinctions:
Great  |  Good  |  Mixed  | Bad

Teproc

• Elite Member
« Reply #351 on: March 31, 2020, 09:20:26 AM »
Much better than Imagine, I present to you Ravel's Confinéro.

Legend: All-Time Favorite | Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Poor  |  Bad

Letterbox'd

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Anime is for jerks."
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #352 on: April 05, 2020, 11:11:07 PM »
Forgot to tell you all but I got a job as an online proctor. It happened quickly as the demand for this is crazy high right now. I started Tuesday and already have done about 90 tests. I get paid per test so I've already made a good chunk of change in a short amount of time.

Should get my tax return tomorrow and then the stimulus check is just around the corner. I'll see where I am at that point but I'm strongly considering donating my stimulus check to those less fortunate. I've got friends in service industries and connections to local ministries.

My overhead is tiny right now living with my parents and I'm not likely to move out this year with the coronavirus looking like it'll last a while so I'd like to help others if I can.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Anime is for jerks."
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #353 on: April 28, 2020, 04:29:25 AM »
After a little under 4 weeks at this online proctoring job got offered a position as Support Manager for the European properties. I work early mornings (2-10:30) but I'm getting about double pay of what I was before and they want to make it a W4 position by the end of the year. It's focusing more on the tech support side and  I'm enjoying it a lot. Have a lot of UK clients as well as some French and Dutch, which means I probably will need to spruce up on my foreign language skills.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #354 on: April 28, 2020, 05:26:44 AM »
Very cool.. you are keeping both jobs then?
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Anime is for jerks."
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #355 on: April 28, 2020, 05:33:06 AM »
No, it's for the same company.

etdoesgood

• Elite Member
  • These are a few of my favorite things...
« Reply #356 on: April 28, 2020, 06:07:51 AM »
Cool man, congrats on the job. Get those bells. I'd say that was a crazy schedule, but then, I'm awake something like 4pm-6am now. I feed my pets dinner when I wake up and breakfast before I go to sleep.
A desert person.

My Sight & Sound 100 Marathon

Simple Distinctions:
Great  |  Good  |  Mixed  | Bad