love

Author Topic: Politics  (Read 511089 times)

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
Re: Politics
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2008, 11:29:11 AM »
I was glad it's over until I started listening to callers to NPR this morning. "I voted for Hillary because of her policy differences from Obama. Now I'm going to switch to McCain. I just can't reconcile the Rev. Wright issue."

Those weren't non-consecutive non-sequitors, those were the caller's actually line of thought.

Heard this as well ::)  The caller was obviously someone who didn't do any kind of research policy wise.

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2008, 11:31:11 AM »
Perhaps this thread should be renamed: US Presidential Race 2008
You're probably right.

I was glad it's over until I started listening to callers to NPR this morning. "I voted for Hillary because of her policy differences from Obama. Now I'm going to switch to McCain. I just can't reconcile the Rev. Wright issue."

Those weren't non-consecutive non-sequitors, those were the caller's actually line of thought.

Heard this as well ::)  The caller was obviously someone who didn't do any kind of research policy wise.
Hey, communal experience #2! Also, yeah, I defy her to find the policy that Clinton holds that McCain is closer on than Obama. If it exists, I doubt it is more than one and if you're voting on a single policy, I'm not surprised you're reacting the way that caller did.
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2008, 11:36:30 AM »
I am not surprised that Clinton won't concede but now she risks looking like a petulant child - it's time to step down gracefully and do your part to help heal the party.
Hey, nice marmot!

winrit

• Elite Member
  • “Positively the same dame.”
« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2008, 11:54:16 AM »
It is still a long way to the election. It is hard to say how people will be feeling by then, but the sooner Hillary lets go the better. He needs to start focusing on the general election.

Great speech. It got a little dusty toward the end there.
"Kickboxing. Sport of the future."

sdedalus

• Objectively Awesome
  • I have a prestigious blog, sir!
    • The End of Cinema
Re: US Elections 2008 Edition
« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2008, 01:22:19 PM »
Also, yeah, I defy her to find the policy that Clinton holds that McCain is closer on than Obama. If it exists, I doubt it is more than one and if you're voting on a single policy, I'm not surprised you're reacting the way that caller did.

Do you mean 'being white' isn't a policy??
The End of Cinema

Seattle Screen Scene

"He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people?"

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2008, 01:23:16 PM »
Also, yeah, I defy her to find the policy that Clinton holds that McCain is closer on than Obama. If it exists, I doubt it is more than one and if you're voting on a single policy, I'm not surprised you're reacting the way that caller did.

Do you mean 'being white' isn't a policy??
Oh man, could you imagine if it were simply a policy you can choose to embody or choose not too?
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2008, 04:31:42 PM »
Come on Hillary...  Run as an independent.  You know you want it.  It was your, you earned it, you worked for it, your precious...
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2008, 04:37:35 PM »
Come on Hillary...  Run as an independent.  You know you want it.  It was your, you earned it, you worked for it, your precious...

If she really wanted a Democrat in office in 2009 she would just endorse Obama and not be his VP. She is such a polarizing figure that her spot as a VP would alienate a lot of the undecideds. Obama might lose a few of her die-hard fans, but not as many as if she was his VP. Or at least that's what I get from the various things I have read on the internets. She already started to piss off some Dems with her speech last night.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2008, 05:01:15 PM »
Ya know it seems like Hillary is the only one who learned anything from the 2000 debacle in the sunshine state.  You fight and you fight and you fight even when the forces that be are stacked against you and you don't give into the pressure that may even be foisted on you from your own side urging capitulation because you might not get another shot... ever.  I don't begrudge her this fight and neither should anyone else - esp if (by whatever metric) she WON THE POPULAR VOTE.  And there are about 15 ways to tabulate it, some are based on estimating unknown numbers.  She has a legion that will be extrememly responsive to her and perhaps will help in a nationalized health care or education or whatever issue become her standard much the way Climate Change is now born by Gore.  But if she can by some miraculousness pull this off she can skip the whole getting fat, hairy and shy bit!

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2008, 05:13:05 PM »
Except she only won the popular vote if you don't count all the votes or take into account the shadiness in Florida and Michigan.

http://www.jedreport.com/2008/06/the-national-po.html

http://blog.brendanloy.com/2008/06/final-popular-v.html
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

love