Author Topic: Politics  (Read 511117 times)

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
Re: US Elections 2008 Edition
« Reply #540 on: October 02, 2008, 10:13:38 PM »
McCain is pulling out of MI.  The landslide to Obama is beginning.  By election day the phrase "swing state" won't apply. 
Texan Down Under

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #541 on: October 02, 2008, 11:30:28 PM »
Palin needs to stop being colloquial. It's incredibly grating.

Do people really not get that there is a whole other country out there where this legitimately means something to people? To change the politicians, you have to change that culture first.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #542 on: October 03, 2008, 08:33:11 AM »
McCain is pulling out of MI.  The landslide to Obama is beginning.  By election day the phrase "swing state" won't apply. 

I want to believe this but I think that vote caging and election day shenanigans made a critical difference in 2000 and 2004 and not nearly enough attention has been given to those tactics.  I really hate that people in this country have cynically undermined my faith in the process that much.  And I hate that those same people get away on a daily basis with accusing people like me of hating this country.  Nothing says "I hate my country" like gaming its democratic processes and institutions.

I'm not celebrating anything until I hear a McCain concession speech.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #543 on: October 03, 2008, 10:00:47 AM »

Why does Biden keep referring to himself in the third person?

When Froham is trying to make a point he also refers to himself in the third person.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Wowser

• Elite Member
« Reply #544 on: October 03, 2008, 10:43:43 AM »
Her whole section on the Middle East was repugnant.

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #545 on: October 03, 2008, 01:12:05 PM »
If you buy aggregate poll numbers (which I don't, I just find them fun), Obama is over the electoral threshold and is roughly a 2 or 3 point shift from creating a landslide. McCain has 2 weeks, I'd say, if he really wants to turn this around. I assume pulling out of Michigan is to reallocate resources to Florida, Ohio, and PA, but they better find a new topic to lead with.
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #546 on: October 03, 2008, 01:14:13 PM »
... but they better find a new topic to lead with.

Manimals!

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #547 on: October 03, 2008, 01:31:53 PM »
If you buy aggregate poll numbers (which I don't, I just find them fun), Obama is over the electoral threshold and is roughly a 2 or 3 point shift from creating a landslide. McCain has 2 weeks, I'd say, if he really wants to turn this around. I assume pulling out of Michigan is to reallocate resources to Florida, Ohio, and PA, but they better find a new topic to lead with.

apparently he shifted some funds to Maine - its one of those weird states that gives out electoral voted via its 4 districts and not enmass.

Osprey

« Reply #548 on: October 03, 2008, 07:37:55 PM »
McCain is in serious trouble- he seems to have to defend Florida and Missouri, which he absolutely must have. Pennsylvania is not looking too good.  He is looking like a loser in Iowa.  He has to keep everything else Bush won and stop Obama from taking Colorado and any other state out West that he seems to be leading in- unless he can grab New Hampshire, which would help him a little. Losing Virginia, Ohio or Florida would be the end.

I think you can make a legitimate argument that the race shouldn't be as close as it is, given the incumbent party and the state of the economy.

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #549 on: October 03, 2008, 11:41:24 PM »
I think you can make a legitimate argument that the race shouldn't be as close as it is, given the incumbent party and the state of the economy.
Except he's non-white in an United States election.
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com