love

Author Topic: Politics  (Read 511058 times)

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
Re: US Elections 2008 Edition
« Reply #550 on: October 04, 2008, 10:15:37 AM »
If you buy aggregate poll numbers (which I don't, I just find them fun), Obama is over the electoral threshold and is roughly a 2 or 3 point shift from creating a landslide. McCain has 2 weeks, I'd say, if he really wants to turn this around. I assume pulling out of Michigan is to reallocate resources to Florida, Ohio, and PA, but they better find a new topic to lead with.

apparently he shifted some funds to Maine - its one of those weird states that gives out electoral voted via its 4 districts and not enmass.

Obama is working Omaha for the same reason, despite overall Nebraska poll numbers being wildly for McCain.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #551 on: October 04, 2008, 10:21:26 AM »
Is anyone else suffering from election overload?

I am completely drawn into it but at the same time, I am getting quickly burned out.
Hey, nice marmot!

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #552 on: October 04, 2008, 10:24:22 AM »
I plan to go do early voting this week (cuz we can in Georgia!) and then tune the whole thing out until the actual results come in.

Oh who am I kidding, I visit the Yahoo election map once a day and check all the numbers on the states that have stripes.

But yeah, I'm getting tired of it.  This would be a good time for a montage sequence.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #553 on: October 04, 2008, 11:00:00 AM »

I am completely drawn into it but at the same time, I am getting quickly burned out.

i went through this a few weeks ago, i couldn't read/listen/watch anything about the election

"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #554 on: October 04, 2008, 11:00:49 AM »

I pretty much was burned out after the primaries went on and on and on.  

Wowser

• Elite Member
« Reply #555 on: October 04, 2008, 11:04:29 AM »

Obama is working Omaha for the same reason, despite overall Nebraska poll numbers being wildly for McCain.

He probably likes it because his name is quite similar. John McCain... Maine?

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #556 on: October 04, 2008, 12:21:04 PM »
This would be a good time for a montage sequence.

that is a great idea.

gateway

• Elite Member
  • Boom De Ah Da.
« Reply #557 on: October 04, 2008, 06:23:42 PM »
Palin needs to stop being colloquial. It's incredibly grating.

Do people really not get that there is a whole other country out there where this legitimately means something to people? To change the politicians, you have to change that culture first.

You know what's a good way to change the culture of a country? Leadership. Leaders have the ability to influence the tone of a nation, at least to some extent. Sarah Palin talking to the people of the United States like they're children doesn't help.
"I hope someday to be rich enough to smoke giant cigars while cackling maniacally."
- Nathan Rabin (echoing my thoughts exactly)

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #558 on: October 06, 2008, 03:19:27 PM »
I'm too lazy to check if anyone has mentioned this already but Nailin' Paylin is in the works.  I'm guessing Tina Fey won't be starring in this one?

Thor

• Godfather
    • KTQ
« Reply #559 on: October 06, 2008, 04:37:07 PM »
I'm too lazy to check if anyone has mentioned this already but Nailin' Paylin is in the works.  I'm guessing Tina Fey won't be starring in this one?

"The video is in pre-production, but is being fast tracked for release before the election."

Hmm, I really hope that doesn't mean a rushed script and poor production values.
Wanting for Thor what Thor wants for Thor.