love

Author Topic: Politics  (Read 511239 times)

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
Re: US Elections 2008 Edition
« Reply #840 on: November 03, 2008, 01:59:35 PM »
I don't want the funniest guy in the room - I want the smartest. :P
Hey, nice marmot!

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #841 on: November 03, 2008, 02:00:21 PM »
i think of the 2000 thru 2006 stuff as pre2008 election... and everything recent as post. He seems like a different person/candidate now so I tend to forget that he is the same guy I laughed at/with in the past.

btw--- All of you know who I would vote for, but regardless of your personal leanings if you are registered make sure you cast a ballot. This will be the first election since I came of age where I won't be voting and as all of you probably guessed this is through no choice of my own. Somehow my voter registration hit a snafu and I won't be able to vote tomorrow... I don't know if it is because I was in the process of moving that my electronic paper trail somehow didn't line up and with all the fear of voter fraud they are being hyper vigilant, or if somehow there was a typo from someone doing data entry... but regardless I went from having my registration pending to not being in the system at all. At least I'm not in a swing state, but if it's the end of the day and you're tired and can't be bothered... cast my ballot for me and go vote.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #842 on: November 03, 2008, 02:01:54 PM »
It's cool - ACORN registered me about 5 times so I will make one of those votes for you Lise!
Hey, nice marmot!

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #843 on: November 03, 2008, 02:02:04 PM »
I don't want the funniest guy in the room - I want the smartest. :P

Technically I think that's Biden if internet ads to enticing me to take an IQ test are to be believed. ;D

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #844 on: November 03, 2008, 02:03:12 PM »
i think of the 2000 thru 2006 stuff as pre2008 election... and everything recent as post. He seems like a different person/candidate now so I tend to forget that he is the same guy I laughed at/with in the past.

btw--- All of you know who I would vote for, but regardless of your personal leanings if you are registered make sure you cast a ballot. This will be the first election since I came of age where I won't be voting and as all of you probably guessed this is through no choice of my own. Somehow my voter registration hit a snafu and I won't be able to vote tomorrow... I don't know if it is because I was in the process of moving that my electronic paper trail somehow didn't line up and with all the fear of voter fraud they are being hyper vigilant, or if somehow there was a typo from someone doing data entry... but regardless I went from having my registration pending to not being in the system at all. At least I'm not in a swing state, but if it's the end of the day and you're tired and can't be bothered... cast my ballot for me and go vote.

can you do a provisional balot?

Thor

• Godfather
    • KTQ
« Reply #845 on: November 03, 2008, 02:05:28 PM »
Wow, that sucks Lise.

I didn't realize you were an African-American felon.
Wanting for Thor what Thor wants for Thor.

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #846 on: November 03, 2008, 02:06:43 PM »
can you do a provisional balot?
I can... but it won't count. They only count provisional in extreme cases and even then because my registration got wiped from the system it wouldn't count. Unfortunately I got far enough along in my move to no longer be registered in california... essentially my move has resulted in a voting ClusterCINECAST

Wow, that sucks Lise.

neither did I... i'm guessing they thought I was a cartoon character... or a plant... maybe a ficus
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 02:17:07 PM by lise »
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

Thor

• Godfather
    • KTQ
« Reply #847 on: November 03, 2008, 02:14:03 PM »
Wow, that sucks Lise.

neither did I... i'm guessing they thought I was a cartoon character... or a plant... maybe a ficus

It's shame you're not a goldfish called Princess Nudelman
Wanting for Thor what Thor wants for Thor.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #848 on: November 03, 2008, 02:42:26 PM »
Who knew McCain had that kind of comedic timing in him?"

Anyone whose seen him on Stewart or Letterman from 2000 thru 2006 ;)
I defer again to Atrios:

Quote from: Atrios
Make It Stop

Would someone please tell Senator McCain that the correct "joke" would be "Joe the Senator" and not "Joe the Biden."

Yes I know he's been doing it for awhile.
Neither funniest nor smartest.  Just a pissy, limelight-seeking diva.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #849 on: November 03, 2008, 02:45:38 PM »

Neither funniest nor smartest.  Just a pissy, limelight-seeking diva.

pixote

I thought that was Froham?