Author Topic: Politics  (Read 511185 times)

alexarch

• Godfather
Re: US Elections 2008 Edition
« Reply #1030 on: November 05, 2008, 03:35:08 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibsP6XN2dIo

I understand what Nader is saying but I've gotta side with Fox News on this one.
What's the name of that anchor interviewing Nader?  His skin looks like it is made of a durable plastic of extraterrestrial origin.  I can't trust someone with alien technology in his face.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #1031 on: November 05, 2008, 03:54:23 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibsP6XN2dIo

I understand what Nader is saying but I've gotta side with Fox News on this one.
What's the name of that anchor interviewing Nader?  His skin looks like it is made of a durable plastic of extraterrestrial origin.  I can't trust someone with alien technology in his face.

Shephard Smith.  I know way more about Fox News than is healthy.

And yes, I can't wait to see what Hannity and O'Reilly have to say about the election tonight.

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #1032 on: November 05, 2008, 03:58:25 PM »
Shephard Smith.  I know way more about Fox News than is healthy.
Shephard Smith is an alien.

gateway

• Elite Member
  • Boom De Ah Da.
« Reply #1033 on: November 05, 2008, 04:05:42 PM »
McCain's speech was rather touching. He's a nice guy and I feel sorry for him when he's faced with such a moronic crowd.

Yeah, if he conducted himself that that throughout the campaign (and not picked Palin) I would have been fine with his winning.

I said exactly the same thing! It was the best speech of his campaign.

No to mention the first time he looked comfortable in his own skin since the Primary
Yeah, he seemed relieved to no longer be under the thumb of the electorate.

I wonder if Obama will be so gracious as to offer him a position in the new administration.

If that happens, the similarities between this election and the final season of West Wing will become eerie. Aaron Sorkin might just be able to predict the future.

My congratulations to the Obama campaign on a job well done. I may not have supported the Obama-Biden campaign but I can confidently say that I can live with the outcome, which is considerably better than some recent elections I've witnessed. All I ask is that Obama prove the cynic in me wrong at least a couple times over the next four years.

So, other than that... who's ready for Obama v. Jindal 2012?
"I hope someday to be rich enough to smoke giant cigars while cackling maniacally."
- Nathan Rabin (echoing my thoughts exactly)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1034 on: November 05, 2008, 04:40:26 PM »
This will never be a far left country.
lets hope it's never a far anything country. Extremes are bad.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1035 on: November 05, 2008, 04:48:07 PM »
Johnny Wad should have been Chief Of Staff...

I believe that is Wadd with 2 d's.

I shoot my wad not my wadd...duh. ;)
Hey, nice marmot!

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1036 on: November 05, 2008, 05:07:42 PM »
What's there to side with? It's not like they've brought up an argument other than "you're not important but I'm still gonna repeat what you've said for the rest of the day".
That anchor makes me want to puke.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #1037 on: November 05, 2008, 06:25:29 PM »
What's there to side with? It's not like they've brought up an argument other than "you're not important but I'm still gonna repeat what you've said for the rest of the day".
That anchor makes me want to puke.

Just the "really? is uncle tom the choice of words you want to use?" point.  But yes, Shephard is a creep.

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #1038 on: November 05, 2008, 08:58:35 PM »
McCain's speech was rather touching. He's a nice guy and I feel sorry for him when he's faced with such a moronic crowd.

Yeah, if he conducted himself that that throughout the campaign (and not picked Palin) I would have been fine with his winning.

I said exactly the same thing! It was the best speech of his campaign.

No to mention the first time he looked comfortable in his own skin since the Primary
Yeah, he seemed relieved to no longer be under the thumb of the electorate.

I wonder if Obama will be so gracious as to offer him a position in the new administration.

you CINECAST!ing kidding?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 09:39:08 AM by skjerva »
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #1039 on: November 05, 2008, 09:01:49 PM »
This will never be a far left country.
lets hope it's never a far anything country. Extremes are bad.

are you CINECAST!ing kidding me?!!  have you been paying attention the past 8 years?!!
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

love