love

Author Topic: Politics  (Read 511145 times)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
Re: US Politics (and Transition)
« Reply #1301 on: August 19, 2009, 12:58:23 AM »
I'm sorry, this might get me in trouble but conservatives DESTROY liberals on the NUTSO scale. It's not close. The real, true, completely insane people are almost always conservatives.

/rank

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #1302 on: August 19, 2009, 01:48:30 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYlZiWK2Iy8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2F2009%2F08%2F19%2Fbarney-frank-confronts-wo_n_262682.html&feature=player_embedded#t=77

Thank you Barney for showing some spine.

pure awesome

**applause**

Agreed, and I'm not even a fan of Frank.

I'm sorry, this might get me in trouble but conservatives DESTROY liberals on the NUTSO scale. It's not close. The real, true, completely insane people are almost always conservatives.

I find this very true. There are a lot of nutso liberals, but none of them can touch people like Glenn Beck, and those who take him seriously.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #1303 on: August 19, 2009, 07:38:53 AM »
I find this very true. There are a lot of nutso liberals, but none of them can touch people like Glenn Beck, and those who take him seriously.

Michael Moore and his legions of fans say hello.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1304 on: August 19, 2009, 08:52:23 AM »
The sad thing is that this shouldn't be a politicized issue - making sure EVERYONE has access to affordable health care should be a priority. No one is talking about going to a much more efficient single payer (govmt sponsored) health plan - weigh in at any time Canadian and UK filmspotters - but it is time that we, at least, take our health care out of the hand of insurance companies who pay doctors for disease management and put the decisions back into our hands and let doctors get back to preventative medicine.

Affordable health care should be right not a luxury.
A lot of those people worrying about the label: socialized medicine are on medicare and medicaid and they don't even see their own hypocrisy...
Hey, nice marmot!

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #1305 on: August 19, 2009, 08:56:13 AM »
the nutso right is just much more organized - meaning they can combine nutso powers to form a kind of captain nutso.  this leaves the more frazzled and scattered left seem like a group of ivory poacher stumbling around the veldt in seach of a place to hide in comparison.  Also that heart kid was a total dork.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #1306 on: August 19, 2009, 09:45:23 AM »
My understanding is that one of the major advantages of hospitals owned and run by the govt is that they aren't prone to overcharging the way 'for profit' hospitals are. They have no incentive to run unnecessary tests and run up the bills. All that would do is force the govt to raise taxes to pay for it. Meanwhile in private hospitals it's a huge cash grab. On paper a privatized system should be able to provide health care for less through competition amongst businesses (keeping prices low), but it doesn't end up working out that way in the real world. The supposed efficiency of a private system goes out the window because greed isn't taken into account and/or cannot be controlled.

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1307 on: August 19, 2009, 10:03:12 AM »
i think the arguement is the opposite actually - that insurance companies will not pay for the tests they deem unnecessary and often this can lead to mis-diagnosis and worsening of illness.  in theory a gov't run hospital or one reimbursed by the gov't would allow doctors to run what ever they thought necessary without the supervision of a hospital admin telling them to keep costs down.  of course then you have hospitals that regularly over-charge the gov't for everything (like the 1000 dollar walkers or whatever) because there is not enough staff to check these claims thuroughly.

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1308 on: August 19, 2009, 10:05:24 AM »
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 12:02:59 PM by pixote »

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #1309 on: August 19, 2009, 10:16:34 AM »
i think the arguement is the opposite actually - that insurance companies will not pay for the tests they deem unnecessary and often this can lead to mis-diagnosis and worsening of illness. 
I'm simply not familiar enough with the private system in the states to say... maybe someone else can chime in.

in theory a gov't run hospital or one reimbursed by the gov't would allow doctors to run what ever they thought necessary without the supervision of a hospital admin telling them to keep costs down.
That's good.
of course then you have hospitals that regularly over-charge the gov't for everything (like the 1000 dollar walkers or whatever) because there is not enough staff to check these claims thuroughly.
But what would be the point in a govt owned hosptial charging a 1000$ for a walker? There's no CEO at the top collecting the excess. The employees don't see any more money from it either. So why would it even happen?

love