love

Author Topic: Ouch! What's with the Silent Hill hate?  (Read 1972 times)

samdu

• http://ronintech.com/
Ouch! What's with the Silent Hill hate?
« on: April 20, 2006, 08:01:43 AM »
I've been looking forward to this film since I first heard it was being developed after being a huge fan of the game series since its inception. There are few games that I've played that I've thought could make a credible leap top the big screen (and that's born itself out with all of the crappy game-based movies). I'm not sure the trailers can impart the complexity of the plot or the depth of the story, but I CAN say that they seem to have gotten all of the visual and atmospheric cues correct. The director is a huge fan of the games, the creator/director of the games has been involved since day one, and the composer from the game (SH has some of the best original music in any game series ever) has composed the score for the film. Throw in a cast that includes Radha Mitchell, Sean Bean, and Alice Krige and I'm there! Plus, as a bonus, it wasn't directed by Uwe Boll, which is downright novel for a game-based film these days.
Character is what we are in the dark."

-Dr. Emilio Lizardo

Impish

Ouch! What's with the Silent Hill hate?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 05:08:38 PM »
So? What did you think after seeing the movie itself?  

Check out my reaction on the Movie Talk board, and add your impressions (your review belongs over there anyway).

I hated it, but went in with an open mind, a love for the horror genre, and the hope it would be a future addition to my collection.  Believe me, if anything, my bias going in was on the positive side.

Enough here...  hope to continue the discussion over at Movie Talk.
t's a sin to kill a mockingbird

love