love

Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 14695 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #770 on: September 23, 2020, 07:51:19 PM »
I need to put more time in to Pyre and Hades, but I'm still not sure where I'm falling on it (specifically in Switch handheld mode, where the art style, while beautiful, feels like it gets in the way of actually seeing things), though positive. Just not sure how positive. Do like it better than Transistor so far, I think, but Bastion is also fantastic.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Anime is for jerks."
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #771 on: September 23, 2020, 08:18:01 PM »
I'm about 2/3rds through Pyre and while it's very good I think it's kinda overlong so I kinda fell off it. I will probably double back and try to finish it.

I am trying to finish Kentucky Route Zero in-between sessions of Crusader Kings III. Also some odd Endless Space 2 which I'm enjoying a lot as my 4x of choice right now. I want to give Endless Legends a try as it's got that hexy, hexy grid based combat I adore but in a more atypical fantasy setting.

I tried some Spiritfarer but the writing doesn't jell with the chill vibes so I'm dropping it. Sorta a 2D platformer Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing but with some oddly spiteful writing.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Anime is for jerks."
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #772 on: September 24, 2020, 04:05:40 PM »
I picked up CKIII on Steam so I could play on Linux with another go as King Duncan. Not much notable happened during his reign except that I had a bastard daughter I decided to legitimize. King Duncan died so Duncan II took over and people do not like me at all. I'm lustful and gay and have one of my knights as my lover. Also, that bastard daughter my dad had? Turns out she wants the crown and so do most of my vassals. So they're gunning for me. I think maybe a quick war will give me some early gold for a feast. Big mistake. Lose that war, people get more pissed, strip me of some of my authority.

Oh well, spend some time regrouping, gaining back resources, finally get enough money for a feast so I throw a big party and it turns out the only person who gains any opinion of me is my heir son. Not great, but hey, maybe I can throw him some land down the line. Less than a year after my feast, my son and heir is murdered! So I do what any grieving father wound do: start another war. This one is going bad, I'm still in the middle of it, and the worst thing is that my lover is wounded in battle. Hope he ends up okay.