love

Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 223047 times)

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #2120 on: February 05, 2020, 12:48:44 AM »
I haven't listened to it but i noticed on the latest episode of "Culturally Relevant with David Chen" there is a guest who goes by the name of oneaprilday. That's Filmpotting's own OAD?

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #2121 on: February 05, 2020, 01:06:25 AM »
I've got plenty between my film podcasts plus my Suns and Liverpool podcasts. Reply All, 538 Politics for some variety.

I think I'm done searching for new ones til that #FBC drops, I'm getting antsy as hell waiting for it, FLY drops all these teasers and he's not given the people what they deserve! What they want! I mean, start the Patreon now!
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #2122 on: February 05, 2020, 02:37:34 AM »
Reply all never disappoints. One of my favourite podcast to listen to. I do wish that The Tobolowsky files would start up again
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #2123 on: February 05, 2020, 03:44:29 AM »
Reply all never disappoints. One of my favourite podcast to listen to. I do wish that The Tobolowsky files would start up again

I listened to the first episode of Tobolowsky Files and actually really enjoyed it but I never went further despite having listened to David Chen for like 10 years on other shows. I really should continue.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #2124 on: February 05, 2020, 03:55:06 AM »
I love his stories, I will go back to listen to them again at some point. 

Maybe one of my favorite story is how he ended up becoming the Screenwriter for the Talking Heads movie True Stories.  Which indirectly led to the band Radiohead calling themselves Radiohead, even if they have no idea that it was all about Tobolosky...

https://www.slashfilm.com/tobolowsky-files-ep-44-the-voice-from-another-room/

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2125 on: February 05, 2020, 05:44:04 AM »
I haven't listened to it but i noticed on the latest episode of "Culturally Relevant with David Chen" there is a guest who goes by the name of oneaprilday. That's Filmpotting's own OAD?

Yes indeed. Thought their take on The Rhythm Section was spot on.

@ET: what Liverpool pods do you recommend? I listen to some ESPN FC general stuff but would consider adding a dedicated one.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #2126 on: February 05, 2020, 02:24:48 PM »
I listen to Blood Red from the Liverpool Echo and Redmen TV (fan TV site that I subscribe to, but put a lot of pods and videos our there for free).
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
« Reply #2127 on: March 30, 2020, 07:53:00 PM »
Two gaming podcasts that are genuinely fun to listen to: NEW PLAYER HAS JOINED and HOW DID THIS GET PLAYED?

I hate most gaming podcasts so finding these two have been a godsend. Highly recommend.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #2128 on: March 30, 2020, 10:08:25 PM »
Cool. I haven't listened to any gaming podcasts. It might not be for me, but I'll give those a try. :)

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #2129 on: March 30, 2020, 10:40:58 PM »
I was on board with "HDTGP" from the beginning because I'm huge fan of Nick Wiger from "Doughboys". It starts off a little rocky (I think Heather leans too heavily into the "everything is terrible" shtick) but quickly finds its footing.

Also want to recommend "The Newcomers": Nicole Byer and Lauren Lapkus watch all the Star Wars movies for the first time. The first episode (and accompanying bonus commentary episode) is hard to get through. They put zero effort into paying attention to A New Hope and subsequently they come off sounding kinda dumb. After that, however, they become a little more open-minded. If you don't take your SW fandom too seriously, it can be quite delightful.