Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 222912 times)

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2008, 07:37:57 PM »
I love this podcast, check out the Hound Of The Baskervilles a few episodes back And Scott Fitzgerald's Offshore Pirate. Also The Man Who Would BE King, in fact there all brilliant

Yeah, I like The Classic Tales Podcast too.  Hound of the Baskervilles was great.
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

ma๑ana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2009, 12:11:55 PM »
I need some new ones. Movies, politics, sports, comedy, or whatever....any suggestions?
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2009, 12:14:35 PM »
Battleship Pretension is good.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2009, 12:15:29 PM »
I'm a big fan of A Damn Movie Podcast.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2009, 12:28:08 PM »
I'm a big fan of A Damn Movie Podcast.

I like that one, too. But you have to keep your finger on the volume dial. Talk about varying sound levels.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

joker

• Elite Member
  • CINECAST! off
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2009, 01:05:41 PM »
I need some new ones. Movies, politics, sports, comedy, or whatever....any suggestions?

I'm pretty selective.... but my list includes

Hollywood Saloon
Between the Ropes - MMA news, and wrestling (sue me, i enjoy the WWE)
This American Life - NPR produced, really great cast
Horror Etc Podcast - Insightful and fun horror movie show
Nowhere in Mulberry - TV News Movies and humor... kind of like best weekever, and may take mulitple listens to enjoy, but it grows on you.
FilmFlimFlam - The Hollywood Saloons brother basically.... same type of show, meaning good production values....
Real Time with Bill Maher - don't have HBO, so it's nice to atleast "hear" his show
and the one I'm ashamed of....

Mugglecast..... yes, a Harry CINECAST!ing Potter podcast... the wife got me hooked on Potter, and this is such a dorky, well meaning cast... it's hard to turn off....
"This movie made me laugh so hard, I had mild headaches. So I went to the doctor to get checked out, I'm currently awaiting results"
-Gene Siskel

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2009, 04:05:11 PM »
In descending order of favorite-ness:

Gay Pimpin' with Jonny McGovern — It's very, very gay, so I don't expect anyone else to like it. They talk about wiener an awful lot, and it's incredibly infantile and inside-joke-y, ie. perfect for me.

WNYC's Radio Lab — Most everyone who listens to one episode falls immediately in love with it. It's a look at very simple things, like sleep, from a scientific perspective. But done in a really engaging manner. Not your father's Discovery channel.

KCRW's The Business — A look at Hollywood from the business side. I don't like Kim Masters, the host, as much as I did her predecessor. However I still like it. I find the business side of Hollywood more interesting than the artistic side sometimes.

KCRW's Design and Architecture — It's only 30 minutes long and it only comes out once a month. Even though it's called "Design and Architecture" it mostly concerns architecture. It's focused on southern California. I like that because it's about stuff that I don't know about in Dallas.

On the Media — We already talked about this in another thread.

Studio 360 with Kurt Andersen — Andersen is just a wonderful, wonderful interviewer and host. Sometimes the subjects are outside of my interests, but I listen anyway.

This American Life — Enough has been said about it.

Onion News Network — Ditto.

PRI: The Sound of Young America — Jesse Thorne is another great host, and he fits the public-radio mold to a T. Because his interests trend younger than Andersen or Terry Gross, he takes a "younger" approach. He's more self-aware, and he doesn't mind inserting himself into guest banter. Sometimes that gets on my nerves, but other times it doesn't.

KCRW's The Treatment — I listen faithfully, and sometimes I don't know why. I'm ambivalent about the show. A lot of the time I actively dislike Elvis Mitchell. Other times I love the answers he gets from his guests.

HorrorGuy88

« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2009, 03:28:08 PM »
I'm just going to jump right in with my massive list

Filmspotting
Movies you should See
Richard and Allisons Super Happy Fun Time
Or do you think thats just Bollocks
Keith and the Girl
Bloody Good Horror
Crimes Against Food
Hooked
Night of the Living Podcast
Paddy's TV Surprise
Nerd Hurdles
The Definitive Word

There are more that go into my weekly rotation but these are the main ones I actually get a chance to listen to. I do a lot of travelling (no car) so my ipod is always going keeping me caught up.  8)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2009, 03:30:23 PM »
Bloody Good Horror

Just heard this for the first time today, I liked it a fair bit.

Saw this when searching for new horror podcasts, but the subscription didn't really tell me what it was about. What do you think about it, and mainly what does it cover?

HorrorGuy88

« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2009, 03:51:01 PM »
Bloody Good Horror

Just heard this for the first time today, I liked it a fair bit.

Saw this when searching for new horror podcasts, but the subscription didn't really tell me what it was about. What do you think about it, and mainly what does it cover?

Well it differs from week to week but the last episodes they did where on The Amytiville Horror (original) and Paranormal Activity, the show also features a segment called Straight to video Russian Roulette that covers recent and obscoure films. If you like bloody good horror you'll probably like this one.