love

Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 223015 times)

DrKimble

• Elite Member
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2009, 08:01:23 AM »
Filmspotting
Movies you should See
Richard and Allisons Super Happy Fun Time
Or do you think thats just Bollocks
Keith and the Girl
Bloody Good Horror
Crimes Against Food
Hooked
Night of the Living Podcast
Paddy's TV Surprise
Nerd Hurdles
The Definitive Word
Hehe, someone's a Simply Syndicated fan! Good stuff. You don't follow Mike Dawson? He used to be on Movies you should see. He has his own thing now Left Field Cinema - good stuff.

Good list, I'll check some of that stuff out. Thanks!
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2009, 08:44:45 AM »
Hehe, someone's a Simply Syndicated fan! Good stuff. You don't follow Mike Dawson? He used to be on Movies you should see. He has his own thing now Left Field Cinema - good stuff.

I'm not a big fan of LFC, the dry presentation doesn't really do it for me. But, I used to post at the SS boards until Rich, the guy who runs SS, decided to go off on Mike when a poster criticized the trend of Movies You Should See lately to only review mainstream stuff. It was a valid point, and Rich could have responded with a "Well, we review movies we like, that's all I can really say." Instead he launched into Mike for no reason, telling the poster that if he wanted to hear pretentious drivel then he could go listen to Dawson's bullshit podcast, but he better be prepared to be a listener of one because, no one wants to hear what Dawson has to say and that's why his leaving MYSS was the best thing that ever could have happened to the show.

After I read that I left the forums immediately and haven't been back since, such uncalled for malice towards someone in a public forum where he knows their friends will see it but that Mike can't respond. I considered giving up MYSS as well, but I happen to like hearing Craig and Allison talk about movies so I figured I could put up with Rich in audio form.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2009, 09:07:36 AM »
I need some new ones. Movies, politics, sports, comedy, or whatever....any suggestions?

Re: comedy related podcasts - I recently started catching up with Marc Maron's new WTF podcast.  I imagine some people might be put off by him but he's had some pretty good guests so far.  I also usually enjoy Mike Schmidt's The 40 Year Old Boy, but he's definitely not for everyone.  Also, PFT was recently on Kevin Pollack's Show (haven't actually listened yet, but have heard good things) and it looks like he's had a lot of great guests as well.  There is both a video and an audio podcast for his show.  And of course, season 6 of NNF kicked off this week.

StarCarly

• Elite Member
  • Something about a pillow.
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2009, 04:37:22 PM »
I just gave in and started listening to /Film. I like it so far. It reminds me of the days before I knew the difference between Adam and Matty's voices. I have no idea who is talking at any given moment.
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."

Films Watched in 2017

Letterboxd

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2009, 06:01:39 PM »
I just gave in and started listening to /Film. I like it so far. It reminds me of the days before I knew the difference between Adam and Matty's voices. I have no idea who is talking at any given moment.

I love that feeling.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2009, 01:46:54 AM »
Starting this week I'm co-hosting the All About The Mouse Disney Podcast.  Filling in while regular co-host Jonathan adjusts to his new role as daddy.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2009, 02:52:01 AM »
Starting this week I'm co-hosting the All About The Mouse Disney Podcast.  Filling in while regular co-host Jonathan adjusts to his new role as daddy.

This is great, 1SO.  What's the topic?
Texan Down Under

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2009, 03:06:11 PM »

This is great, 1SO.  What's the topic?
Disney World and Disneyland during the holidays.

bb6634

« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2009, 01:56:47 AM »
My favorite five film podcast are Filmspotting (duh), SlashFilm, The IFC film podcast, Cinebanter, and SceneUnseen.  I just heard via Slashfilm  that SceneUnseen is closing down at the end of December.   I'm gonna miss the hosts Chris and Jimmy.  They have great chemistry and I enjoyed their format of one person having seen a film and the other judging whether it is worth seeing based on the other's review.  Anyway, just wanted to give a shout out to 'em.  They will be missed.

Bruce120

« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2009, 02:06:36 AM »
The other podcast I listen to are:

The Friday Fillibuster
The Bugle
The Hollywood Saloon I would highly recommend
BBC World Service Documentries
Thanks
Bruce

love