love

Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 223021 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #150 on: March 01, 2010, 11:54:15 AM »
Hope I get home early enough to listen to it tonight.

Keep up the good work guys.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #154 on: March 14, 2010, 10:38:14 AM »
I'm a big fan of A Damn Movie Podcast.

Starting listening to this based on your recommendation:
So far I've hear their episodes on The Insider, Where the Wild Things Are , Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure and A Christmas Story.  Man they've brought up a lot of movies I like, for instance: A Simple Plan.  Bill it was fun to hear two of your emails read on The Insider episode.  Both very well written! (I was listening half-asleep on a plan, so I remember what they were on now - but I remember them being good)
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #155 on: March 14, 2010, 11:32:08 AM »

So far I've hear their episodes on The Insider, Where the Wild Things Are , Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure and A Christmas Story.  Man they've brought up a lot of movies I like, for instance: A Simple Plan.  Bill it was fun to hear two of your emails read on The Insider episode.  Both very well written! (I was listening half-asleep on a plan, so I remember what they were on now - but I remember them being good)

Thanks, glad to hear you like it, and my emails. :) I really do like giving them feedback because I don't think enough people do and I always love their responses, whether they agree or disagree with what I say. I like the variety of films they cover and the way they cover them. Does this feel like a podcast you're going to stick with?

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #156 on: March 14, 2010, 03:29:10 PM »

Thanks, glad to hear you like it, and my emails. :) I really do like giving them feedback because I don't think enough people do and I always love their responses, whether they agree or disagree with what I say. I like the variety of films they cover and the way they cover them. Does this feel like a podcast you're going to stick with?

Oh yeah - definitely.  It's  a great format because they give themselves tons of time to talk freely about the film.  I especially liked the one on The Insider in particular, because I always loved that film but really couldn't put my finger on why.  These guys really got into why it was good without trying to tie it to some fixed critical statutes of greatness.  I actually listened to the review twice I liked it so much.

I'm finishing the "A Christmas Story" one now and I've downloaded about 7 more. 
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2010, 03:37:44 PM »
Very glad to hear that  :)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #158 on: March 14, 2010, 06:01:45 PM »

oh man, their Encounters at the End of the World podcast is fantastic.  Makes me want to watch the film again.  All right.  I think I'm on board.
(switchboard)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2010, 06:05:42 PM »

oh man, their Encounters at the End of the World podcast is fantastic.  Makes me want to watch the film again.  All right.  I think I'm on board.

I told you man, that's why I love their podcast so much. Even when I don't agree with their take the way they engage a film is so interesting to me and they always allow themselves enough time to really go in-depth.  :)