Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 223141 times)

joker

• Elite Member
  • CINECAST! off
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2010, 12:23:29 PM »
this weeks edition of "this american life" is outstading... the story of the middle aged man, who travels to mexico in search of two children who were kidnapped is amazing....
"This movie made me laugh so hard, I had mild headaches. So I went to the doctor to get checked out, I'm currently awaiting results"
-Gene Siskel

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #161 on: March 18, 2010, 12:55:21 PM »
this weeks edition of "this american life" is outstading... the story of the middle aged man, who travels to mexico in search of two children who were kidnapped is amazing....

I'll check this one out. I really enjoyed their more recent podcast about the abandoned house and how material possessions need to be put to rest, much like people.

joker

• Elite Member
  • CINECAST! off
« Reply #162 on: March 18, 2010, 02:13:10 PM »

I'll check this one out. I really enjoyed their more recent podcast about the abandoned house and how material possessions need to be put to rest, much like people.

let me know your thoughts on the ending... kind of goes into the liberal thoughts of not blaming criminals for their actions based on surrounding circumstances.... and also about the legals gaurdians response to the man who went down to mexico...
"This movie made me laugh so hard, I had mild headaches. So I went to the doctor to get checked out, I'm currently awaiting results"
-Gene Siskel

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2010, 10:13:47 PM »
The Tobolowsky Files http://www.slashfilm.com/category/features/slashfilmcast/the-tobolowsky-files/

This has become my favorite podcast and I am sad that by the end of the day I will have caught up on all the old episodes.  If you do not know him by name, you for sure will all know him by sight or as "Ned the insurance salesman" in Groundhog Day.

These are all just stories told, mostly uninterrupted, from Steven Tobolowsky's life.  Sometimes he is talking about his ex-gf, his childhood, his parents, working on a movie, etc.  Most of them are just everyday stories but he is just a great story teller and even if I believe I know what is coming I am still moved.

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2010, 02:39:49 PM »
Well, the Movie Dictator Club Podcast has switched hosting providers, and everything is now up and running very nicely. You can download our two new episodes and all the rest here, or subscribe via iTunes. And if you like the podcast, give it a review ;)
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2010, 03:25:48 PM »
Well, the Movie Dictator Club Podcast has switched hosting providers, and everything is now up and running very nicely. You can download our two new episodes and all the rest here, or subscribe via iTunes. And if you like the podcast, give it a review ;)

...finally took a second to subscribe.  I'll check some out later today!  :)
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2010, 06:06:15 PM »
The Tobolowsky Files http://www.slashfilm.com/category/features/slashfilmcast/the-tobolowsky-files/

This has become my favorite podcast and I am sad that by the end of the day I will have caught up on all the old episodes.  If you do not know him by name, you for sure will all know him by sight or as "Ned the insurance salesman" in Groundhog Day.

These are all just stories told, mostly uninterrupted, from Steven Tobolowsky's life.  Sometimes he is talking about his ex-gf, his childhood, his parents, working on a movie, etc.  Most of them are just everyday stories but he is just a great story teller and even if I believe I know what is coming I am still moved.
Thanks for the heads up. I just listened to the first episode and the halloween story had me in tears (the laughy kind). :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 07:04:28 PM by smirnoff »

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2010, 08:37:36 PM »

This has become my favorite podcast and I am sad that by the end of the day I will have caught up on all the old episodes.  If you do not know him by name, you for sure will all know him by sight or as "Ned the insurance salesman" in Groundhog Day.

These are all just stories told, mostly uninterrupted, from Steven Tobolowsky's life.  Sometimes he is talking about his ex-gf, his childhood, his parents, working on a movie, etc.  Most of them are just everyday stories but he is just a great story teller and even if I believe I know what is coming I am still moved.
Thanks for the heads up. I just listened to the first episode and the halloween story had me in tears (the laughy kind). :)

I listen to the way to work and I have gone from laughing like an idiot on the train to almost crying like a baby about 10 minutes later.  I wish I could find more podcasts that are like this one.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2010, 08:57:13 AM »
I think you're the only one who would appreciate this ferris, but I did just write a lengthy congrats letter to A Damn Movie Podcast for their 100th podcast. That means maybe, just maybe you can look forward to hearing the romantic underpinnings of my words being recited by either Adam in the coming weeks.  :D

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

love