love

Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 223043 times)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #170 on: April 26, 2010, 09:46:06 PM »
I think you're the only one who would appreciate this ferris, but I did just write a lengthy congrats letter to A Damn Movie Podcast for their 100th podcast. That means maybe, just maybe you can look forward to hearing the romantic underpinnings of my words being recited by either Adam in the coming weeks.  :D

Cool!  I'll be listening for it. 

I haven't listened in the last few episodes because I haven't seen the films, but I'll have to watch for that 100th episode...
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #171 on: April 26, 2010, 09:48:46 PM »
I think you're the only one who would appreciate this ferris, but I did just write a lengthy congrats letter to A Damn Movie Podcast for their 100th podcast. That means maybe, just maybe you can look forward to hearing the romantic underpinnings of my words being recited by either Adam in the coming weeks.  :D

I haven't listened in the last few episodes because I haven't seen the films, but I'll have to watch for that 100th episode...

I'm not sure what the listening protocol is, but usually I'm just like you, if I haven't seen the movie/s then I don't listen. With this podcast however I love their insight and banter so much that I listen to the ones about films I haven't seen as well, they've actually turned me on to a few movies that way.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2010, 03:21:47 PM »

I'm not sure what the listening protocol is, but usually I'm just like you, if I haven't seen the movie/s then I don't listen. With this podcast however I love their insight and banter so much that I listen to the ones about films I haven't seen as well, they've actually turned me on to a few movies that way.

My rule of thumb is, the second I decide I'm going to eventually see a film I try to go completely radio silent on it.  If I plan on never seeing it, then I'll listen to talk about it, because I always find the disussion interesting.  That does backfire sometimes -  From what little I heard of OldBoy I decided BAH - never gonna see it, so I listened to a spoiler discussion of it on the /filmcast, and now I WANT to see it and wish I hadn't gotten spoiled!!

Exceptions would be like (For ADMP) their last epside had French Connection and Hoosiers.  I've seen neither, but they are both so culturally well-known that I'm a bit less afraid of spoilers in those, so I'll probably listen to that one.
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2010, 03:23:25 PM »
Exceptions would be like (For ADMP) their last epside had French Connection and Hoosiers.  I've seen neither, but they are both so culturally well-known that I'm a bit less afraid of spoilers in those, so I'll probably listen to that one.

Dude, you gotta watch The French Connection.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2010, 03:25:10 PM »

Dude, you gotta watch The French Connection.

Maybe I'll include if I have an addition to the 20 Essential Vitamins and Minerals marathon ?
(switchboard)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #175 on: May 10, 2010, 03:50:52 PM »
A surprise for you all this week on the Movie Dictator Club Podcast. James Ewing, our very own lotrsamnumbers, has joined the show!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also we talk about Top Gun, Summer movies.

Download away!
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #176 on: May 10, 2010, 07:11:38 PM »
I look forward to listening.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #177 on: May 10, 2010, 07:56:20 PM »
I'm still contemplating as to whether I should listen to this as I was actually there. However, to be honest, I zoned out anytime Chuck and Corey went on about how great the '80s were, which was like half the time.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #178 on: May 10, 2010, 07:58:15 PM »
I'm still contemplating as to whether I should listen to this as I was actually there. However, to be honest, I zoned out anytime Chuck and Corey went on about how great the '80s were, which was like half the time.

Won't you just zone out on the same bits.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #179 on: May 10, 2010, 08:14:08 PM »

Won't you just zone out on the same bits.
Good point.

love