love

Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 223122 times)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #200 on: May 22, 2010, 04:40:22 PM »
Glad to hear it. I'm still transitioning into the whole process so hopefully things will be a lot smoother as we go on. Of course, Corey edits out a lot of my mistakes. I left so many awkward pauses this last episode. I'm not like Chuck who just dives in, I take a moment or so and then I speak.
Especially after listening to the Best of A Damn Movie Podcast in which they played some clips from their earliest episodes and there was noticeable "dead air" time, I've been thinking about how difficult it must be for podcast/radio people to keep the talk so continuously flowing. The A Damn Movie podcast guys often talk over each other, which actually works pretty well, and they're in the same room together, which must make it easier to respond quickly. But you three are doing a great job - I really enjoy your discussions, and I think you have a nice dynamic together, which, I'm sure, will only improve with time.

Hey, you listen to ADMP, I had no idea.  ;D

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #201 on: May 22, 2010, 05:30:01 PM »
Glad to hear it. I'm still transitioning into the whole process so hopefully things will be a lot smoother as we go on. Of course, Corey edits out a lot of my mistakes. I left so many awkward pauses this last episode. I'm not like Chuck who just dives in, I take a moment or so and then I speak.
Especially after listening to the Best of A Damn Movie Podcast in which they played some clips from their earliest episodes and there was noticeable "dead air" time, I've been thinking about how difficult it must be for podcast/radio people to keep the talk so continuously flowing. The A Damn Movie podcast guys often talk over each other, which actually works pretty well, and they're in the same room together, which must make it easier to respond quickly. But you three are doing a great job - I really enjoy your discussions, and I think you have a nice dynamic together, which, I'm sure, will only improve with time.

Started listening because you spoke so highly of it. :) I like it.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2010, 05:41:47 PM »

Super cool, glad to hear it.  :)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #203 on: May 22, 2010, 06:30:21 PM »
Thanks for all the positive mentions. Glad you're all enjoying it. And once again, if you do enjoy it, please rate and review us on iTunes. It would help a lot. Getting reviews and high rating pushes us better into view of those searching.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #204 on: May 22, 2010, 07:43:03 PM »
Are we allowed to rate our own show? Is there some kind of ethical dilemma that arrives from that?

Personally I'd give it a 3, maybe a 4 if you got rid of that one hack.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2010, 09:08:19 PM »
No rating of your own show. It's ethically misguided.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #206 on: May 23, 2010, 03:22:51 AM »

Doom was it your email that they read out on the 100th show?

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #207 on: May 23, 2010, 03:25:52 AM »

Yep, I was the last of the emails that they read.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #208 on: May 23, 2010, 03:35:16 AM »

Thought so, yours was a great email. I got my email read out to, which always brings a smile to my face.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #209 on: May 23, 2010, 11:58:12 AM »

Thought so, yours was a great email. I got my email read out to, which always brings a smile to my face.

Thanks, and which one was yours?

love