Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 223038 times)

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #260 on: June 12, 2010, 01:07:25 PM »
Oh, no, sorry. I'm a subscriber. I don't like this "having to read entire posts before I can contribute to the conversation" thing.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #261 on: June 12, 2010, 01:09:00 PM »
Oh, no, sorry. I'm a subscriber. I don't like this "having to read entire posts before I can contribute to the conversation" thing.

That's okay. We're all guilty of that from time to time.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #262 on: June 12, 2010, 05:51:17 PM »
The Slumdog Millionaire conversation brought out the valley girl in both of you guys. Very heavy "like"/min rate. :D

I didn't notice it before that but then I was noticing it for a while. I blame my time with Toastmasters and their anal focus on filler words.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #263 on: June 12, 2010, 06:08:33 PM »
The Slumdog Millionaire conversation brought out the valley girl in both of you guys. Very heavy "like"/min rate. :D

I didn't notice it before that but then I was noticing it for a while. I blame my time with Toastmasters and their anal focus on filler words.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Oh I noticed that. I blame sam. He started with the likes and then I got caught in it too.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #264 on: June 12, 2010, 08:49:36 PM »
I take it that in time the number 'like, you know' will diminish.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #265 on: June 12, 2010, 08:56:23 PM »
I hope I've gotten better. I feel like I cut down drastically on my use of "ums" and "likes" in the past couple of (unreleased) episodes. The one we did today I feel pretty good about. Plus, I think I had some good jokes--or at least Corey thought they were funny--and then I totally butchered my last line and had to redo it.  :P

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #266 on: June 12, 2010, 10:25:48 PM »
Having been away for a while, I loved when I first started talking during the Main Dictation and then completely blanked out.  Just hung there.  I think Corey's picked up on the fact when I say 'uhhh' with nothing afterwards, it means I'm finished.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #267 on: June 12, 2010, 10:26:48 PM »
Yea, I think I overloaded Corey's mind at the beginning. There were more than a few awkward silences.  ;D

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #268 on: June 12, 2010, 10:55:04 PM »
I hope I've gotten better. I feel like I cut down drastically on my use of "ums" and "likes" in the past couple of (unreleased) episodes. The one we did today I feel pretty good about. Plus, I think I had some good jokes--or at least Corey thought they were funny--and then I totally butchered my last line and had to redo it.  :P

In our "textual podcast" that is Steve and my Bollywood marathon, there is a decent amount of editing in post. This is why you don't do things live :)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #269 on: June 12, 2010, 11:25:22 PM »

In our "textual podcast" that is Steve and my Bollywood marathon, there is a decent amount of editing in post. This is why you don't do things live :)

Yes, but come on, CINECAST! it! We'll do it live!

love